Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 07-05-2006, 12:26 PM
Trail Ready

Default Raffle truck update - 05 July, 2006

The truck is mostly cleaned up. I was at Ige's yesterday for a little while and got the tint goop cleaned off the windows on the doors and tailgate. We've power washed the truck, thanks to John Henley's power washer.

Before we start the fun work, we still need to:
  • Clean the tint glue off the rear side windows.
  • Flush the brake system of the rusty fluid
  • Finish roughing up the paint on the roof and part of the body.
  • Install the engine once Kevin is finished with it.

We haven't received any parts yet, though we have verbal confirmation on a few of them. We've been promised a Crase-proven exhaust, and 4 Wheel Parts wants (badly) to donate too, so we'll probably go after wheels/tires from them, along with some minor parts (Hi Lift, etc.). We need to find out from MAF if they'll donate a long range tank for the truck. Once we get word from them, we'll order the springs, but we need to know if we have to worry about the extra fuel weight from the tank.

I'll post a work schedule for the next few months tonite or tomorrow. I would like to schedule a day this weekend ...I'll check at the meeting to see what day works best. Next weekend is Triple Bypass, so I figure that's not going to work. Other than the engine, I'd like to get the other items finished on the next work day.

Please let me know if you have any questions...

Thx!
Chris
'99 F350 CC, 7.3 PSD
1979 Suzuki GS1000E
TLCA #7412

Statistics show that 95% of all Jeeps ever built are still on the road. The other 5% made it home.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:29 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

I have most of the engine done. Detailing and cleaning kill gobs of time. Do we have a high amp alternator option yet? I was going to try and talk Boulder Toy into a rebuilt started swap or at least brushes. Haven't started on the tranny/T-case yet but that should go pretty quick once the engine is finished. I most likely will have the engine done by this weekend. On the tranny....did we decide to just clean it and run with it or take it in for a pro check up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jefe
The truck is mostly cleaned up. I was at Ige's yesterday for a little while and got the tint goop cleaned off the windows on the doors and tailgate. We've power washed the truck, thanks to John Henley's power washer.

Before we start the fun work, we still need to:
  • Clean the tint glue off the rear side windows.
  • Flush the brake system of the rusty fluid
  • Finish roughing up the paint on the roof and part of the body.
  • Install the engine once Kevin is finished with it.

We haven't received any parts yet, though we have verbal confirmation on a few of them. We've been promised a Crase-proven exhaust, and 4 Wheel Parts wants (badly) to donate too, so we'll probably go after wheels/tires from them, along with some minor parts (Hi Lift, etc.). We need to find out from MAF if they'll donate a long range tank for the truck. Once we get word from them, we'll order the springs, but we need to know if we have to worry about the extra fuel weight from the tank.

I'll post a work schedule for the next few months tonite or tomorrow. I would like to schedule a day this weekend ...I'll check at the meeting to see what day works best. Next weekend is Triple Bypass, so I figure that's not going to work. Other than the engine, I'd like to get the other items finished on the next work day.

Please let me know if you have any questions...

Thx!
Chris
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 07-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Trail Ready

Thanks, Kevin! As to the tranny, I like Steve's suggestion:

I can check and service the A440F pretty well these days and I'd like to contact Rodney, the Land Cruiser tranny guru from OZ that sells an awesome valve body for the A440F and other bits to see if maybe he will donate something. I will wait approval from the group before doing that though.
Steve

Chris
'99 F350 CC, 7.3 PSD
1979 Suzuki GS1000E
TLCA #7412

Statistics show that 95% of all Jeeps ever built are still on the road. The other 5% made it home.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:37 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

At the meeting this evening, Ige mentioned something about getting a valve body from Bruce Loewen of Rocky Mountain Land Cruisers in Calgary?
Rising Sun 4WD Club, TLCA #4063
http://american3dprinting.net/