Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Cruise Moab > Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun

Old 02-01-2012, 08:21 AM
Wincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisin Off Road View Post
I can't get my hands on the red ones. Army green with a red strap for the lid. I've asked about the red ones, and the place I get them can't get red.
Cool, Army Green is good with me. $200 for two cans and a spout works, when we get closer to the trip just let me know if you want a check mailed, Paypal or cash in hand when we see you in person.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:07 AM
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpendubber View Post

Also, how does everyone feel about me bringing my two dogs on the trip?
I'm fine with dogs. I guess I should be since I'm bringing my Australian Shepherd, Bubba.

1997 FZJ80 "JAFW80" tires and other stuff.

I'm not satisfied until you're not satisfied.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Rock Stacker

What's the program with dinners? Is there any communal meal plan, or does everyone fend for themselves? I'm good either way of course, just changes what I'll pack.

1991 HDJ81, 1HD-T power, and a bunch of armour all made by me.

Quality Land Cruiser Armour www.cruisinoffroad.com
Old 02-02-2012, 12:09 AM
Rock Stacker

I always figure it would be pot luck. Being enough to share but don't try to feed everyone.

1997 FZJ80 "JAFW80" tires and other stuff.

I'm not satisfied until you're not satisfied.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:13 PM
Rising Sun Member

Hi Guys,

As you saw from registration Robbie Antonson is the Trail Leader again this year and I am bringing up the rear, as gunner.

We were discussing a group meal, so the pot luck idea is awesome!

If you have room for a light weight folding camp table, toss it in and we will make good use of it, for a long group table.

Since a few of you are starting your planning. Might be good to cover a few logistics:

-Robbie, as trail leader has the final call on stuff like bringing dogs.

-Additionally, Rising Sun puts on Cruise Moab and our club abides by Colorado state law regarding fire arms. Since our event is in Utah, Utah state laws apply, as well as, we also have to abide by BLM rules which govern our permits for Cruise Moab. Cruise Moab is a sanctioned TLCA event and we also recognize the TLCA by-laws regarding fire arms.

With that said, if you have a CCW permit, you know your rules and laws better than most. If you have a permit for open carry, make sure you know the laws for the state of Utah. We request that you leave your fire arm locked in your vehicle at all times, while participating in Cruise Moab, unless you have a CCW that requires you always carry (i.E. LEO or similar profession). Robbie/Neil/other committee members, please confirm I have this correct.

-Personal toilets are required. We will be camping at two camp sites that have pit toilets but if your needs require additional services, the BLM does not allow digging and dumping. A great place to pick up a personal toilet is Walmart. They are about 26.00 and a box of bags are around 11.00. Also, the BLM prefers we urinate on the dirt road, where there is no vegetation vs. walking off trail to the farthest bush.

-Alcohol. No drinking while on trail by driver or passengers.

-Health issues, if you have any health issues that may require emergency assistance, please send Robbie a PM or speak to him at our trail head meeting on Tuesday.

-Tech inspection will be done by Robbie and me the morning of our Tuesday meeting. Please make sure to have your vehicle inspected professionally before you arrive for this trip. You will want to verify knuckle studs are tightened (if you have IFS, you don't have these) and your rig is prepped for a 3 day trek. Fuel tanks should be full and extra fuel, as well. FJ40s might need 5-10 gallons extra. Straight 6s probably 5-10 gallons. V6s probably 5 gallons extra depending on tire size. V8s maybe 10 gallons.

-You will want to bring about a gallon of drinking water per day, as a rule of thumb. Doubt you will need that much but we often run into folks on the trail that are under prepared when it comes to drinking water.

That is all I can think of for now, Robbie any thoughts?
KD0IFE

Off Road Pics
http://www.Chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com

Last edited by Caribou Sandstorm; 02-02-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:28 PM
Wincher

I like the idea of a group meal/potluck. I usually bring a 10# propane cylinder with distribution tree and lantern/dual burner stove/grill. If there is no need I will probably just bring the stove and a couple 1# cylinders for Moab. If you guys want I'll bring the whole setup and everyone is free to use it. I will bring a couple Roll-a-tables too.

EDIT: I assume beer is OK in camp once the driving is done for the day?
Old 02-02-2012, 03:10 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR View Post
I like the idea of a group meal/potluck. I usually bring a 10# propane cylinder with distribution tree and lantern/dual burner stove/grill. If there is no need I will probably just bring the stove and a couple 1# cylinders for Moab. If you guys want I'll bring the whole setup and everyone is free to use it. I will bring a couple Roll-a-tables too.

EDIT: I assume beer is OK in camp once the driving is done for the day?
Your call on the stove grill, they are nice to have for sure. After driving your beverage choice is your choice!

Utah has some pretty strict laws on that as you are probably aware. So I know it sounds crazy but bring what you want on that front and pack it discretely in your truck. i.e. if a 12 pack was strapped to your roof rack, I think they can get you for crossing the border with alcohol and that is a big no no in Utah.

We have done many, many trips to southern Utah as individuals and small groups and have never had any issues but we usually bury it in our rigs vs set it on top in the back just incase...
KD0IFE

Off Road Pics
http://www.Chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com
Old 02-02-2012, 06:01 PM
Rock Stacker

Stupid Canadian question, as I've heard all these stories about Utah and it's weird "dry" laws, but can you buy booze somewhere, once inside its state lines?
Old 02-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Wincher

Dave, yep, new suspension and new storage box. Should eliminate the worst of the problems from the Outlaw Run.
'11 Kamparoo
Old 02-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Wincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inukshuk View Post
that picture brings good memories. I think I was driving there.
That was indeed you driving.
'11 Kamparoo