Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Cruise Moab > Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun

Old 02-02-2012, 11:01 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
Stupid Canadian question, as I've heard all these stories about Utah and it's weird "dry" laws, but can you buy booze somewhere, once inside its state lines?
Yes you can buy booze at the state liquor store behind the Napa auto parts store..

Also in the town of Fruita which is minutes from the Rabbit Valley Exit off of I70, there are liquor stores. Fruita is the last Colorado city before the border.

Moab is a bit looser then other cities, in that restaurants serve beer and wine, as you might expect at home.
KD0IFE

Off Road Pics
http://www.Chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com
Old 02-03-2012, 01:00 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Hello all,
I have been following several threads, and I wanted to remind everyone that the FINAL trail assignments have not been made yet for any trail.
We will be working on the Final trail assignments as soon as we get closer to closing registration.

We normally have a maximum of 20 participant vehicles permitted with the BLM for the trails we run. I understand that the online registration allowed for 20 slots to be signed up for the Kokopelli trail as well this year. However, the Limit we worked out with the BLM for the Kokopelli this year is a hard limit of 15 vehicles. Of course we wish we could have more, but we must abide by limit that has been set.

Several people have called asking if they have a confirmed spot, and expressed how they have been planning on this trip for a long time... Believe me i understand the excitement and desire to run this trail. I have wanted to go on this multi day run since starting to work on the initial proposal with the BLM (i hope to get a chance someday).

We ask for your patience as we work though the final assignments. We will be contacting both those who will, and will not get to participate on the double overnight this year, as soon as we have the final assignments.

Thanks,
Neil
KD0EXO

Last edited by Rock Dog; 02-03-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:54 AM
Rising Sun Member

Thanks for the update Neil.
KD0IFE

Off Road Pics
http://www.Chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com
Old 02-03-2012, 09:05 AM
Wincher

I see. Well I guess I am back to crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

Are spots assigned on a first come first served basis or is there a merit system in place for determining who gets to go?

Last edited by RyanR; 02-03-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:17 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR View Post
I see. Well I guess I am back to crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

Are spots assigned on a first come first served basis or is there a merit system in place for determining who gets to go?
We always try to start assignments based on the order of the registrations, and then other factors come into play like is the vehicle setup for the level of the trail selected (you might be surprised at the number of adjustments this check can yield). On trails like this one, the Spike and Hells for example that are always full, we also try to talk to participants who we know may be willing to conceed spots to others ( the cruiser community has many people often willing to give up spots for there bretheren.. it really is a great community of people to work with)..

Neil.
KD0EXO
Old 02-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Wincher

Thanks for the info Neil, that sounds like a fair method to me. Now back to crossing my fingers!
Old 02-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Wincher

Ditto on the finger-crossing!
'11 Kamparoo
Old 02-04-2012, 06:50 PM
Rock Stacker

I registered twice, so both fingers crossed :P
Old 02-04-2012, 07:18 PM
Rock Stacker

Oh dear, I think it was only showing 2 spots left when I registered. The math on this says I best not be counting my chickens before hatching time. Good thing I put down Golden Spike for my Thursday alternate.

Thanks for the update, and here's hoping it somehow works out for me! I registered within 24 hours of registration opening, goes to show how popular this run is.

1991 HDJ81, 1HD-T power, and a bunch of armour all made by me.

Quality Land Cruiser Armour www.cruisinoffroad.com
Old 02-05-2012, 09:18 AM
Hard Core 4+

Hello all, I am positive Neil and the trail boss will figure who will and who will not be on this year trip. I think Neil is having a hard time getting into the data base. As soon as they can get into the data base, I am sure I will hear the list as well. The same as last year, you can expect a phone call so we can chat a bit as well. Looking forward to this years trip. We will see how the snow load is this year and how early spring comes, as to if we get to play with more than the first part of the Delores river.
As for dogs, they are fine as long as they behave. We only had one along on the trip last year. When we are in senitive vegatation areas, I will ask that the dogs remain on a lead with you or hooked to the truck. It is like Chris mentioned, the people in charge of the permits wanting people to pee on the road, they do not like the idea of dogs charging off across the crypto biotic soil that much either.
Anyhow, booze is best bought in a different state and packed in such a manor that it can not be seen. While booze is around to buy, it is through a state run agency and taxed rather heavily. Except the 3.2 beer that can be around in some stores. Yes, your choice of beverage can be consumed after the days end. If wind permits, we will have a fire both nights. if my rack is free, I will pick up some wood or haul it from Boulder with me.
fire arms, a hot topic. As Chris suggest, you need to be in compliance with Utah state laws. I do not profess to know those laws. If you are carrying any type of weapons, please leave them locked up while on this part of your Utah journey. We will have kids along and they can sometimes do the darndest things. Thanks for this.
I am looking forward to a great trip again this year.
robbie