Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 02-05-2012, 11:44 PM

Default Super Bowl 46

this is my take, nfl and player,management,vegas make money. the game pretty much sucked. why go for "2 " when you already have a " 4" point lead with "1" minute or so to go in the game, kick the field goal for the sure point!, pat's still need a t-down to win. WHAT ARE THE ODDS. **** THE SUPERBOWL AND IT'S HYPE, like my dad always said " it's all about the money"

i'am pissed off ,seam's that you can still throw a game, and the rich get richer. shoeless joe jackson
Old 02-05-2012, 11:51 PM

what happend to the " we are going to kick your ass" and not let up , Oh ya I forgot las wadges is involved. **** THE NFL, sorry about the bad language, bomber22
Old 02-06-2012, 12:10 AM

still pissed off,what are the odd's for a "2" point conversion? I'M NOT SURE but, I DO KNOW A EXTRA POINT has better odd's . and no I did't have anything riding on this game. It just make's me mad when a game can't be played heart but played by the odd's.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:13 AM
Hard Core 4+

They did it to waste as much time as possible so that Tom Brady would have less time to try and score.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 02-06-2012, 12:13 AM
Hard Core 4+

I thought the half time show was good. Madonna, LFMAO, Cee lo Green. Good Job to them. Yep it's all about the money. It's television. The game was better than those Vampire vs. Werewolf movies. I enjoyed the commercials too. Was it "fixed"? I don't believe so. Why be pissed? It was produced for entertainment purposes, and to sell you stuff. You knew that when you turned the TV on.

Presented by Hyundai
Old 02-06-2012, 02:37 AM
Rising Sun Member

I didn't understand why they went for 2 either...The clock doesn't run for the "extra point" so it didn't affect the clock.

I thought the game was good...at least entertaining for a change.

As for the commercials.... - IMO most of them were pretty lame...There were a couple that were good but nothing like years past...
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater
Old 02-06-2012, 06:54 AM
Trail Ready

The 2-point attempt had nothing to do with clock management. If NY gets the 2-point conversion they would be up by 6. If the Patriots drive down the field for a TD the game would be tied and the Giants would have a slim chance for overtime if they can block the extra point.

I really liked that decision by NY and the Patriot's decision to just let NY score the TD to save time time on the clock.
2014 BMW R1200GS Adventure
Old 02-06-2012, 07:39 AM
Rising Sun member

I saw a lot of successful 2-point conversions in the games I watched this year. I know the odds are better for an extra point kick but I thought it was good strategy :meh:

I actually enjoyed the last quarter of that game because it was a strategy game, more like chess than a game of chance.
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, Metric TLC leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 02-06-2012, 09:16 AM

ok,ok i'm not really that pissed off. still why go for "2". what am i talking about, i'm just beating a dead horse here. back to name that trail!
Old 02-06-2012, 10:19 AM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighead View Post
The 2-point attempt had nothing to do with clock management. If NY gets the 2-point conversion they would be up by 6. If the Patriots drive down the field for a TD the game would be tied and the Giants would have a slim chance for overtime if they can block the extra point
It really is that simple. A muffed snap/hold, blocked kick, kicker gets iced is a realistic scenario.
TLCA#4180