Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 02-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Randy View Post
I understand the guys frustration but he comes off like a moron to me.

First off, even if kids do it routinely on Facebook isn't a good reason for him to create a dumb video that he posts publicly. He is supposed to be the adult, maybe a lesson about how to handle family business privately would have been in order?

Later he berates her for using curse words yet he cusses non-stop through the video. Hmm, wonder where she learned to talk that way. Thats probably where she learned to smoke too.

Wow, theres another great lesson: when something pisses you off, go get a gun and shoot it.

Again, I understand his frustration with his teenage daughter but I'm sorry, I totally miss any constructive message that is here. I'm all for making kids mind and bye the way, it is not illegal to spank your child. If it was I would be doing life without parole in SingSing.

x2 I thought the guy was acting like an idiot. Shooting holes in the laptop satifies the juvenille macho "that'll show 'em" attitude but it hardly addresses the problem.
"If you know what you're doing, then you aren't learning anything." - A. Lincoln
Old 02-10-2012, 11:09 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesintl View Post
nice grouping
Agreed, and while filming !

I also condone his childness. Sometimes the only way kids will learn is by acting like a child

Last edited by TIMZTOY; 02-10-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:31 PM
Hard Core 4+

Not near harsh enough.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:17 PM
Rising Sun Member

Do not be afraid to get a hold of your kids early and often. I always said I don't mind the discussion but you will know when and where the decision comes from. My greatest pet peeve in this world is Facebook. You get the chance to be a coward. Not having to say something directly to someone face to face. Everyone has there own style of parenting and their own ability as well. But you do have to be true to your own words.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
Do not be afraid to get a hold of your kids early and often. I always said I don't mind the discussion but you will know when and where the decision comes from. My greatest pet peeve in this world is Facebook. You get the chance to be a coward. Not having to say something directly to someone face to face. Everyone has there own style of parenting and their own ability as well. But you do have to be true to your own words.
Spot on!!!

trail rig
Trinidad, CO
Old 02-11-2012, 09:11 AM
Wincher

Daniel Tosh is going to have a field day with this video. Amazing how this got out everywhere.

-'88 pickup - Daily driver, AAL's, 285's, ARB bumper, Warn winch, all around cool rig.
-'01 cherokee - 6" Long arm'd, 285's, ARB bumper, custom roof rack, electric locked D30, auto locked 8.8, trussed-plated-fortified.
-'12 Jeep JK - 2" lift, Skid Row skidplates, OR fab bumper

KFWD
Old 02-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Rock Stacker

I am a BIG advocate of tough love with my children. I like that he put his foot down and stood up as a parent. Our country is too stinking full of parents that are so worried about any displeasure coming to their children that they don't bother "raising" them...they just want to be their best friend. Nothing wrong with being a friend to your kids, but it's got to be second to being a parent.

I fear this dad may have put a nail in the coffin of his relationship with his daughter. A 15 year old is only going to rebel even more when something like this happens. Worse, for the public humiliation...she will probably hate him for a long, long time.

I like that he put his foot down, but boy he really may have gone too far.

Also, I would have made her take her laptop and donate it to a good cause...not just fill the landfill with more electronic waste. Sooo cool of you to shoot the laptop?...so wasteful and pathetic to destroy something of value like that.

I don't like wastefulness...even if its for making a point.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:56 AM
Trail Ready

I have 2 issues with this:

1: While his anger and most of his response is justified. He needed not only to identify the incorrect behaviors, but explain why they are incorrect and why her perception of the situation was flawed (stuff like not having to pay rent or pay for groceries...general "entitlement" training). He was pissed and worked up so I get it. I would be pissed too.

2: I saw traffic going by, I saw the house. This was in a front yard in a RESIDENTIAL Area, I don't care that he was shooting into the ground. Discharging a firearm in a residential area is ILLEGAL FOR A REASON. And Using Exploding-tip Hollow Points equals using Mercury-tipped Hollow Points...and most of you probably know, Mercury is extremely poisonous when introduced to the bloodstream, and it's dense. When traveling that fast, it tends to have momentum. Anyone in the general vicinity, including himself, could have been killed. That teaches responsibility?

Last edited by Trapper50cal; 02-11-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:03 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper50cal View Post
I have 2 issues with this:
2: I saw traffic going by, I saw the house. This was in a front yard in a RESIDENTIAL Area, I don't care that he was shooting into the ground. Discharging a firearm in a residential area is ILLEGAL FOR A REASON. And Using Exploding-tip Hollow Points equals using Mercury-tipped Hollow Points...and most of you probably know, Mercury is extremely poisonous when introduced to the bloodstream, and it's dense. When traveling that fast, it tends to have momentum. Anyone in the general vicinity, including himself, could have been killed. That teaches responsibility?
ive lived and have family members that live in areas like this, its not illegal. it looks to me like he was in missouri or somewere in that vacinity.. the mecury/bullet's = i dont know or have any knowledge about to discuss left or right. but i do know that mecury is very deadly
Old 02-12-2012, 10:06 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Randy View Post
I understand the guys frustration but he comes off like a moron to me.

First off, even if kids do it routinely on Facebook isn't a good reason for him to create a dumb video that he posts publicly. He is supposed to be the adult, maybe a lesson about how to handle family business privately would have been in order?

Later he berates her for using curse words yet he cusses non-stop through the video. Hmm, wonder where she learned to talk that way. Thats probably where she learned to smoke too.

Wow, theres another great lesson: when something pisses you off, go get a gun and shoot it.

Again, I understand his frustration with his teenage daughter but I'm sorry, I totally miss any constructive message that is here. I'm all for making kids mind and bye the way, it is not illegal to spank your child. If it was I would be doing life without parole in SingSing.
x3 - That was 8 mins of my life wasted. This guy needs to calm down and quit smoking. Might improve his aim and shot count.