Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Other Hobbies > The Bike Forum

Old 03-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Hard Core 4+

Default Tubeless for Dirt bikes? Seriously? Really?

My XR came with some BS tubeless kit from the PO. Slow leaks and bad wobble in the tire. What's the point in having it in there if the bicycle inner tube that is part of the "tubeless" system is leaking? Two valves per wheel? One for the "tubeless" part and one for the bicycle tube "bladder" inside of that. What crap. I ripped that junk out of there so fast and put new tubes in. Now I have an extra hole in each rim. Cool. What a difference now.

It's about as bad as bicycle tubeless systems. Don't get me started in that crap, either.

Anyone who wants the "system" for free for a 21"/18" wheel setup can stop by the shop and have it.

I just love undoing PO's junk on used stuff I buy

On a good note, Neil of Hitchcock Industries, a best friend of one of my employees, just revalved and went thru the forks. Now buttery smooooth

1997 FZJ80, White, Locked, deflared, 5.29'd, 4-5" lift, Fox's, DC shafts F/R, 35" AT's, Metal Tech front bumper w/ winch, custom tube rear bumper, SROR sliders, IPOR skid, Custom exhaust, Snorkel, Eezi-Awn 1600, Mark's Speedo Box.

2008 Subaru WRX Wagon, mods and lifted on 27's

2001 Honda XR400 with goodies
Old 03-09-2012, 09:56 AM
Hard Core 4+

Neil is good juju. Has been for a couple decades. He did wonders with my old KLX300, even increased the fork travel. I kinda miss that bike.

So... you have two valve stem holes PLUS the rim lock?? You could go two rim locks. I run them 180* out to balance each other for the street.
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:00 AM
Hard Core 4+

LOL! I converted to tubeless a couple of years ago on my bike after poo-poo'ing the whole thing for years. I was wrong, they are better. Apparently not on motos, though.

"Why does the U.S. care which flag will be hoisted on a small piece of land thousands of miles away?" -- Ron Paul
Old 03-09-2012, 10:32 AM
Hard Core 4+

Mixed reviews on the tubliss. Some love it. Some hate it. Doesn't seem to do well at high speed riding. Apparently the rim strips tend to cut into the inner-tube. Advantages, no pinch flats, run lower pressure. Disadvantages, They are a nightmare to remove on trail if you tear a sidewall and want to install a regular tube.

Bill's suggestion is good with double bead lockers or just cover the extra hole with a good rim strip.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:20 PM
Rising Sun Member

Hey I'll take the tubeliss stuff you don't want, although I'm not sure when I'll make it down to Highlands ranch.

I've seen mixed reviews on the moto tubeliss system. Aparaently it works better on some tires than others.
"If you know what you're doing, then you aren't learning anything." - A. Lincoln
Old 03-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Hard Core 4+

It's yours, Bruce. Thanks for the feedback, guys.

1997 FZJ80, White, Locked, deflared, 5.29'd, 4-5" lift, Fox's, DC shafts F/R, 35" AT's, Metal Tech front bumper w/ winch, custom tube rear bumper, SROR sliders, IPOR skid, Custom exhaust, Snorkel, Eezi-Awn 1600, Mark's Speedo Box.

2008 Subaru WRX Wagon, mods and lifted on 27's

2001 Honda XR400 with goodies