Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Notices

Old 03-09-2012, 06:24 PM
Trail Ready

Default Peyton Manning in a Bronco uniform?

Peyton Manning arrives at Broncos headquarters to talk with Elway, Fox

Thoughts?
Old 03-10-2012, 12:13 AM
Trail Ready

Won't happen. Don't get me wrong, having a veteran mentor for Tebow (along with Elway) would be the best way to groom him (Read: teach him how to pass) but the media circus around Tebow and all the true believers of the Church of Tebow that ran Orton out of town would be even worse with a Peyton/Tebow one-two. Just think if Peyton didn't perform well, how loud and obnoxious the calls for Tebow would be. It would make it impossible for the team's leadership to make good decisions. If not for the circus...it would be great. But how many years does Peyton have left? How's the neck? Is he washed up? Then again, Peyton hooking up to Marshall in Miami??? Dangerous.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:13 AM
Rising Sun Member

Manning will sign here and Tebow will be gone. He will either ask to be traded or they will move him somewhere. The new Jacksonville owner said he would have drafted Tebow. He will sell lots of tickets in JAX. Signing Manning will allow the Broncos to dump Tebow.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:51 AM

That signing actually makes sense. Tebow isn't the long term answer and despite the fact that the guy is a winner, he's NOT a franchise QB. While Peyton may only have 3-4 years left in him, the guy is still the best QB in the game IMO. Nobody works harder than Manning on and off the field.

Personally, I would love to see Tebow convert to a middle linebacker. Similar to how the Bears converted Brian Urlacher from a safety out of college to a middle linebacker. He has the size and definitely the speed. And the guy plays with all heart.

Denver is actually a logical place for Manning to land. It immediately puts them at the top of the AFC west and likely into a Superbowl. And, if the defense can play as well as it did last year, then they would likely win 12-13 games. Last year, the Broncos won in spite of Tebow. The defense won most of those games, not Tim. With Manning, they win because of both. And, handily at that. Manning's neck will be fine. They should sign him.

I don't think Manning will go to Miami. I don't think he wants to play New England twice and year, and that is a tough Division to win in. The most logical place if he wants to win NOW is in Denver. He'll be in a weak, winnable division right off the bat. Miami is still needing to rebuild around him. I don't think he wants to be part of that.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:57 AM
Trail Ready

I hope you're right, Scotty.

I do think that Tebow earned some of his victories, plus his energy rubbed off on the D. But you are right, he is not a franchise QB. Peyton would do well in Denver, I just don't think Tebow and Peyton can be on the same roster for many reasons.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Rising Sun Event Coordinator

As a season ticket holder, I'd love to see Manning here. But, I don't think it's happening. We don't have the true #1 WR he covets (unless Wayne comes too). We don't play indoors, and we have the snow and the cold.

Miami and Houston make the most sense.

Miami has the weather, he has a home there, Reggie Wayne would love to be back there, Marshall is there, 2 good RB's.

Houston would be the right fit too. Schaub is in his final year. They have the #1WR in the league, a top 3 RB, a great TE, they play indoors (semi), and most important..... he could beat the Colts twice a year.

I don't even think we're close. Miami and Houston are a Manning away from a Super Bowl, Denver isn't.

TLCA Social Media
100's in the Hills website
"What's that? I can't hear you over my heated seats"-KW
Old 03-13-2012, 02:00 PM
Rising Sun Member

Rick Reilly proved it. He's coming to denver.

best.ridiculous.arbitrary.breakdown.ever

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7...ton-next-place
Old 03-13-2012, 02:56 PM
Trail Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
As a season ticket holder, I'd love to see Manning here. But, I don't think it's happening. We don't have the true #1 WR he covets (unless Wayne comes too). We don't play indoors, and we have the snow and the cold.

Miami and Houston make the most sense.

Miami has the weather, he has a home there, Reggie Wayne would love to be back there, Marshall is there, 2 good RB's.

Houston would be the right fit too. Schaub is in his final year. They have the #1WR in the league, a top 3 RB, a great TE, they play indoors (semi), and most important..... he could beat the Colts twice a year.

I don't even think we're close. Miami and Houston are a Manning away from a Super Bowl, Denver isn't.
I agree. I wonder what's been going through Tebow's head the last week?
Old 03-13-2012, 03:52 PM
Rising Sun Member

Marshall and Cutler are planning their reunion as we speak.

manning ain't going to miami no way

another one down, a couple more to sweat ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...204311248.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighead View Post
I agree. I wonder what's been going through Tebow's head the last week?
Old 03-13-2012, 10:44 PM
Trail Ready

"Here's the 2010 murder rate per 100,000 people. Hey, you have to consider these things. Denver 3.6; Phoenix 7.6; Nashville 8.9, Miami 15.4. So, in Denver, your chances of being murdered are low. In Miami, you're basically a metal donkey at a shooting gallery. How good is your flak jacket?"

Now THAT is hilarious!