Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 03-22-2012, 05:50 PM
Lifted

Default Good for Toyota... Well, my Toyota.

My 60 is at Boulder Toyota getting the recall work done, and they have been super nice and very helpful and I'm really impressed Toyota didn't tell me to go jump off a cliff regarding the old recalls.

That being said, they called today and said it's taking a lot longer than they had expected and can they keep it and start fresh again tomorrow. I told them do whatever you have to do, just don't let the guys get 'creative' with anything.

I bet a lot of the techs have never touched trucks that old, I wonder if they even noticed the 350 under the hood... That's not where the gas tank is obviously, but I would think they'd all want to see what the stink and noise was about.

Parts guy was kind of 'rushy' even after I waited there for him. C'mon, you're the parts guy. Why would you rush me through my daydreaming about buying all my interior bits? Maybe I just misinterpreted his rushiness. Maybe he was headed to the loo...

Long story short: Do you have a 60? Find out if your recalls are done. The parts came in to my dealer in only 3 days, they called and scheduled me some time; they offered an inch, my truck is taking a mile.

Cheers,
Matt
Old 03-22-2012, 05:57 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

The Techs know 60's there! Most have had built up 60's now they have built up 80's, Runners and Tacos. I'm guessing you delt with Mike in parts. I'm good friends with Mike but I know several folks who he turned off by his "buy or by" attitude. Talk with Paul or ask for Jerry the parts manager.
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 03-22-2012, 06:37 PM
Trail Ready

The 87 FJ60 that I'm in the process of buying from Mike Goodknight of Metric Offroad in Grand Junction just got back from the dealer yesterday after having the recall gas tank work done...they installed EVERY little piece in the recall kit and the tab (for Toyota) came out to just under $3000 Glad Toyota was picking up the tab. I heard they were a little poopy about it but hey they get paid book time for it so....I also hope they didn't get "creative" with it.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:22 PM
Lifted

I'm easy, no ned to ask for anyone special. Heck, I heart Mike. This could have just been a reflection of my first visit to Boulder toyota. Its half harbor freight and half dealer shop. Like I was in some sort of dream.

I'm happy to hear the guys working are familiar with these rigs. My BMW dealer parts guy didnt know what model an e30 was.

As to the bill going to Toyota, I actually felt guilty asking about the recall. They've won me over though, getting a customer for the next thirty years in exchange for a gas tank (with a sense of responsibility)is a deal.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:24 PM
Lifted

My service advisor assured me the techs were not going to get creative.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:43 PM
Trail Ready

Isn't it amazing....25 years later and still covered.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:42 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper50cal View Post
Isn't it amazing....25 years later and still covered.
I got a free brand new relay rod and alignment under recall. Well, I would have if I didn't have a Total Chaos idler arm. I did get a free relay rod anyway. But mine's a sprite 21.5 years old.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:55 AM
Hard Core 4+

There is no time limit (AFAIK) on a Federal *safety* recall, but it's nice that Toyota isn't being putzy about it, as they might be.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:19 PM
Lifted

Got the call to pick her up. Two signatures, and we're cruisin'. Even a bit more fuel than I dropped her off with, and multiple notes on slow fluid leaks...

Thank you boulder toyota.

Cheers,
Matt