Notices

Old 03-25-2012, 06:41 AM
Lifted

Default Mechanic recommendation

Tom Kroger (Tommy the Cat here on RS) just completed some
great work on my FJ40. He solved some problems I didn't have
the time or skill to tackle on my own, plus discovered a few
others (e.g. vacuum hose routing errors) I never would have
found on my own. And all that for MUCH less $ than a shop.

Like all of us, he has a real job/family/life etc. and thus not a lot
of time for wrenching. But if you need wrenching help, give him
a call and he may be able to help out.

-Phrog
1976 stockish FJ40, now runs like a top thanks to Mr. Kroger
Old 03-25-2012, 11:03 AM
Lifted

Thank you so much Paul. I had a great time working on your truck, you have a great project. It's always satisfying to me to start with something that runs as bad as your truck did and find out that there is a gem hidden in there.

I do have a lot of projects going on, a job that takes a lot of time and of course a family that I can't get enough of. But I also really enjoy Toyotas and the people that love them. I have helped a couple of guys off the board now and I would prefer to help people that are on a tight budget or the guy/gal that does most of their own work but might be over their head on certain things. I don't want to take anything away from the actual shops. But if you find yourself in a pickle because you can't afford an actual shop or you would like advice and help from somebody that isn't trying to make a buck on you, that's what I'll be around for.

I've been around Toyotas my whole life and I'm a former ASE Master Tech at a Honda shop in Wyoming. I've been out of the industry for several years as I discovered that I lost interest in my hobby when I was being paid to do it all day. I was totally burned out. I stepped away and now I'm ready to get back into my hobby and have FUN with it. I don't need the money, not that we are wealthy, but we live comfortably on our regular wages. I do side work for project money but more because I enjoy it and the social interaction with like-minded people.

So there is a short bio for anybody interested. I hope to meet a lot of you, whether you need my help or not and I'm trying to figure out how to work become an actual club member into my schedule.

Thanks again, Paul.

PS- it is Tom Koger, not Kroger. Very common mistake.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:05 PM
Hard Core 4+

I'll throw in a hardy second, Tom is a first rate wrench and super nice fella to boot. Thanks for all your help today, I'd have still been at it but you're a natural.