Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Cruise Moab > Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun

Old 04-26-2012, 06:47 PM
Rock Stacker

Stephen,
Thanks for the gpx files. Got them all loaded up on my Garmin 350. WooHoo!
DougDad
K2ZZQ
Old 04-26-2012, 09:00 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inukshuk View Post
Ipad with antenna will be my next setup someday.
Only reason I was able to do it was because the office just gave me an iPad3. Let's me retire the iPad1 to the truck. Absolutely perfect for what I need it to do.

The Bad Elf unit has a mini USB for charging so I've got to hardwire a charger. But, the mount is stable and I've got good viewing from the driver's seat. As an added bonus, when my wife gets bored she has games to play...
Old 02-11-2013, 11:35 AM
Wincher

Anyone try to use Garmin Basecamp to get these to their GPS? Basecamp supposedly can handle .gpx files unlike Mapsource where you had to convert the .gpx file first. I can see the entire routes in Basecamp on my Southwest 24K Topo just fine so Basecamp can read the .gpx files as is from this thread.

I can send these to a microSD card, but the files I then see on that card are named Track1, Track2, etc. and not the names of the trails I was expecting. Haven't had time to put the card into the GPS unit yet. Running a new Garmin 3590 as I couldn't justify the extra $$ for a Montana or an ipad mini with MotionX, etc.
'94 White LC; Kaymar Rear Bumper w/tire carrier; Hanna Sliders; ARB winch ready Front Bumper; Slee Transfer Case Skid Plate; BFG MT KM2 285's, OME 850/863 Heavy 2" lift, INTI Rack; Warn M12000 Winch, Snorkel; Sputnik!, M101CDN
TLCA Member #13420; KI6SGO