Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 05-30-2012, 11:08 AM
Hard Core 4+

Default drudgery...

Currently trying to find the motivation to write a QA test plan for a piece of software that I wrote earlier this year. Yes, the developer of the code is writing the test plan for the code. Yes, it's been productized and is shippable. Yes, this is usually a very very bad idea. No, I have no idea why I'm writing a test plan for my own code.

Looking up out of the basement window, I see blue skies and light breezes and I just want to go ride or take a long run down an unknown trail. But, seeing as how I took a 3 hour mental health spin yesterday, I'm staying in the dungeon until I get this done. Sometimes, there are disadvantages to working from home full time.

Anyone else with hump day motivation failures?
Old 05-30-2012, 11:55 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

I did, But I got up anyway and road my MTB up lump gulch (Gilpin county), Only to find a smoking fire in a illegal fire ring. There was a bunch of wood pilled around it and the winds are blowing 20 mph. We called the sheriffs dispatch and they sent a fire crew to the area. I picked up a 2lt soda bottle they had left along with a bunch of beer cans and made 6 trips to the frog pond for water to pour on it. While waiting for them I found a place where a girl had peed and dropped her wallet and a very nice buck skinning knife with sheath. Fire crew and cops get there and finish what I started. On the way out, Im showing the cop where I found the wallet, I find whats left of their bag of pot. It was a local 11th graders ID in the wallet. F***ing locals!
Old 05-30-2012, 12:17 PM
Hard Core 4+

I work from home too, and am just about three weeks into a new job. There is a lot of work to be done, and thus far I'm not nearly as flexible as the last. While the potential is much higher here, it's still been tough to find motivation lately
Old 05-30-2012, 02:18 PM
Rising Sun Member

Compiling a stack of 51 evals from a 6 day adult leadership course I was course director for in scouts. Just gotta keep grinding on the key board for a couple of more hours. Funny how a quick break to the forum goes along way.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:05 PM
Rising Sun Member

Doing sales quotes, more quotes, never got my return coupon for a return at Radio Shack, only to find a survey e-mail for why I sent the product in for service.. Feels like the clerk at Radio Shack scammed me.

Looking at the same blue skies, can't stop thinking about that 62 for sale in Durango..but alas no slush fund available...Corbet called me and offered to look at it for me..Wondering if the wife would be open to another Land Cruiser right now..
KD0IFE

Off Road Pics
http://www.Chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com
Old 05-30-2012, 04:00 PM
Hard Core 4+

Got my test plan done a couple of hours ago. Just got back from an awesome run up the Royal Arch in Chautauqua. Such a great run and the view from the top is so epic. One of these days, I need to get up there with a camera. We're going to finish the day out with a little Lucky Pie/Sweet Cow visit.

Feeling much better than this morning so I'll probably be code monkeying later this evening.

..:: Sent from my iPhone ::..
Old 05-31-2012, 09:18 AM
Rising Sun Member

That's the problem with Colorado. Doesn't matter what season it is - there is always something better to do outside on the trail/hill/slopes/mountain/lake/river.