Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 06-13-2012, 09:19 AM
Rising Sun Commander

You? twitchy? get out....

Have fun camping, Lal! be safe.

www.gamiviti.com

Old 06-13-2012, 10:18 AM
Hard Core 4+

Must be the smoke smell when I get down to Denver, and knowing that with buses like they are I am at least 4 hours away for most of the day if we had to evacuate... I keep thinking of the guy who was working downtown when his wife was caught in the Pleasant Park fire.
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:35 AM
Rising Sun member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh4rnnr View Post
Dont forget Utah and New Mexico. Last I herd, NM was twice the size of Haymen. And the lady that started the Haymen got her life sentance dropped down to 6 years. Still makes me.
Whitewater Baldy Complex Fire: 280,000 acres, 51% contained, HIGH growth potential.
http://inciweb.org/incident/2870/

Hayman was about 135,000 acres I think.
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, Metric TLC leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 06-13-2012, 04:19 PM
Hard Core 4+

the people down hill from us about a acre or two had a fire going on the Friday of Memorial day weekend, the fire department was extremely quick to get up there and the stop by our house to thank us. The stated that they asked if owners if they knew of the fire ban and they said no, I've been in front of and behind the couple and their son as they have driven past one of the three signs up in a area with only two ways in/out. I'm getting freaked out this year as in past years with fire/firework bans people have seemed to given the big middle finger to all of it. I've come across a couple of fires every now and then that are still smoldering with no one around up on Cascade Creek and if their water is showing it is then dumped upon it with a good mixing and the containers will be left close enough to make a point, that has been twice in about 4 years.
I sure hope our fleet of Fire planes gets back up to a number that is more representative of the land mass it must protect as we now have 14, down from 44 or 47...I forget. But I guess that's a no as it would just be more govment' jobs...

2008 FJC (SRTBUS)

"In-justice is a threat 2 justice everywhere" MLK

"I remain just one thing, and one thing only- And that is a clown. It places me on a far higher plane than any politician." Charlie Chaplin
Old 06-13-2012, 04:27 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT08BUS View Post
But I guess that's a no as it would just be more govment' jobs...
I am SO done with ideological arguments against any government expenditures... this is public safety for pities sake.
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:40 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
I am SO done with ideological arguments against any government expenditures... this is public safety for pities sake.
I kinda figure at lest two planes in each of the states that have vast expanses of forest. I'm for government, not big nor small, but of equal size of our nation and our nation is not small by any means.

2008 FJC (SRTBUS)

"In-justice is a threat 2 justice everywhere" MLK

"I remain just one thing, and one thing only- And that is a clown. It places me on a far higher plane than any politician." Charlie Chaplin
Old 06-13-2012, 04:41 PM
Hard Core 4+

Interesting timing...
Quote:

Colorado Parks and Wildlife
CONTACT: Randy Hampton, 303-291-7482, randy.hampton@state.co.us
Deb Frazier, 303-866-3203, ext. 4342, deb.frazier@state.co.us
This news release is also available at www.parks.state.co.us
For immediate release: June 13, 2012

Colorado Parks and Wildlife Issues Fire Warning

DENVER – Colorado Parks and Wildlife announced Thursday that county fire bans and restrictions will be strictly enforced in state parks and wildlife areas because the fire danger is extremely high across the state. All fires, including those in pits and grills, have been banned in 14 counties due to dry conditions and the risk of wildfires. Fire restrictions are in place in many other counties. The agency reminds all park visitors and sportsmen that county bans and restrictions apply to the state parks and wildlife areas in those counties.
“Colorado Parks and Wildlife will enforce the county fire bans and other restrictions. We urge visitors to parks and wildlife area take every precaution possible to prevent new fires from starting,” said Rick Cables, Colorado Parks and Wildlife Director.
Counties with fire bans that impact state parks:

· Adams County: Barr Lake State Park
· Arapahoe County: Cherry Creek State Park
· Boulder County: Eldorado Canyon State Park
· Clear Creek County
· Douglas County: Castlewood Canyon and Roxborough State Parks
· Elbert County
· Gilpin County: Golden Gate Canyon State Park
· Grand County
· Hinsdale County
· Jackson County: State Forest State Park
· Jefferson County: Chatfield and Staunton State Parks
· Phillips County
· Pitkin County
· Washington County

The most recent county-by-county information on fire bans and restrictions is available at: the Colorado Division of Emergency Management website at: http://www.coemergency .com/p/fire-ban-info.html
Colorado Parks and Wildlife also manages more than 300 state wildlife areas. Many are open to recreational activities. Visitors to wildlife areas are encouraged to be aware of county restrictions and property specific regulations, which are available from local parks and wildlife offices.
“When you are heading out to go camping, fishing or any recreational activity, please check with the state park, forest or land management agency where you are going for current fire conditions,” said Gary Thorson, Colorado Parks and Wildlife Assistant Director for Information and Education. “Because of the hot and dry weather, any fire or ignition source can create the risk of wildlife.”
Thorson said that visitors to the state parks and wildlife areas without fire bans and restrictions must follow the regulations for campfires:
· Do not leave fires unattended or allow them to burn outside the fire ring.
· Be sure to extinguish all fires completely. Check for embers and repeatedly douse fires with water.
· Put out cigarettes and dispose of safely.
· Please check with the state parks’ website, www.parks.state.co.us, for fire information at the specific park you plan to visit.
· For fire information at state wildlife areas, please visit http://wildlife.state.co.us
Colorado Parks and Wildlife was created by the merger of Colorado State Parks and the Colorado Division of Wildlife, two nationally recognized leaders in conservation, outdoor recreation and wildlife management. Colorado Parks and Wildlife manages 42 state parks, all of Colorado's wildlife, more than 300 state wildlife areas and a host of recreational programs. To learn more about Colorado's state parks, please see: http://www.parks.state.co.us. To learn more about Colorado's wildlife programs, please see: http://wildlife.state.co.us
KDØRCH
Bio Page
Old 06-13-2012, 10:41 PM
Hard Core 4+

Hickenlooper may sign a state wide ban on fires of any kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 06-14-2012, 10:36 AM
Hard Core 4+

Forrest was coming down from Argentine yesterday, and called me wanting to know what to do.

"Dad, not sure what to do, I saw some guy with a fire in there..."

"Call 911"
"Really?"
"Really. These yahoos are playing with our lives and everything we have worked for and they don't think the law applies to them. Call 911."
"OK then!"

Still waiting to hear the outcome.
KDØRCH
Bio Page
Old 06-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Hard Core 4+

Here is an interesting site, showing all current fire incidents for the USFS. The first one started May 13 near Pagosa Springs and is still burning. Good grief.

http://inciweb.org/
KDØRCH
Bio Page