Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 06-15-2012, 09:53 AM
Hard Core 4+

Statewide fire ban, with some exceptions.

DENVER (CBS4) – Private fireworks are now banned in Colorado.

Gov. John Hickenlooper on Thursday signed an executive order that makes the use of private fireworks illegal and bans open burning. The order was signed because conditions across the state are very dry and the fire danger is at extreme levels in many counties.

Fires will still be allowed in the following areas:

- constructed, permanent fire pits or fire grates within developed camp and picnic grounds or recreation sites
- liquid-fueled or gas-fueled stoves
- fireplaces contained within buildings
- charcoal grills at private residences
- specific prescribed or controlled burns for agricultural or irrigation purposes

Public fireworks displays are not affected by the ban.

Hickenlooper said up until Thursday many of Colorado’s counties had similar bans in place, but this order makes it clear what the rule is everywhere.

“Right now, while we know the entire state is tinder dry, we’re going to have a statewide ban,” Hickenlooper said. “Let’s say we start getting a lot of rain in northwestern Colorado, we’ll back off.”

“Right now we felt it was imperative to get everybody focused,” he said.
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:25 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

The guy in the house behind me was burning a fire in one of those big steel pit things last night, and the fire dept showed up and told him there is an open fire Ban... told him he could use his indoor fireplace, but not that pit thing, even with a grate... he is not a developed CAMP/PICNIC/Recreation site.... So no open fire in the city of centennial.....
KD0EXO
Old 06-15-2012, 11:05 AM
Hard Core 4+

If it was Evergreen, in the middle of a forest, I would be all over that...

However, I wonder how tinder dry the lawn conditions actually are in Centennial?
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:17 PM
Hard Core 4+

FWIW... this came over the scanner and was reported in Pinecam.
Quote:
As of noon Tuesday, Springer Fire size [fire near Eleven Mile Reservoir west of Divide] is estimated at 1100 acres. Fire is 10% contained. So far it has been stopped at the South Platte River. Fire danger is EXTREME for today and tomorrow. Any small fire can become a large fire very quickly. Winds for today are West - SW at 10-20mph. The fire had laid down well last night and had low activity this morning. Yesterday’s fire movement was mostly to East and Southeast rather than toward Northeast, not sure what it will do today.

An abandoned campfire about a quarter mile from the Weber Fire started a new fire today called “Weber 2”. Crews are on scene.
Two more abandoned campfire incidents have been extinguished north of Woodland Park, one cigarette butt initiated fire put out near Divide.
Good grief...
KDØRCH
Bio Page
Old 06-19-2012, 03:25 PM
Rising Sun member

Come on people, is it really that hard?
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 06-19-2012, 03:40 PM
Rising Sun Member

I was following a car on 70 that flicked a but out of the window. It is really disappointing that people are so ignorant.
82 FJ40
Old 06-19-2012, 04:10 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Dog View Post
The guy in the house behind me was burning a fire in one of those big steel pit things last night, and the fire dept showed up and told him there is an open fire Ban... told him he could use his indoor fireplace, but not that pit thing, even with a grate... he is not a developed CAMP/PICNIC/Recreation site.... So no open fire in the city of centennial.....
True, chimineas and fire pits are not legal to use in the city of Denver either. Currently BBQ pits are OK. Little known fact is that you technically have to have a permit for an open fire in the city all the time, not just during fire bans.

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 06-19-2012, 04:10 PM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

People still smoke cigarettes
TLCA#4180
Old 06-20-2012, 11:45 AM
Hard Core 4+

The Darwinian dead enders do... except they still seem to be able to reproduce and muck up the gene pool...

Ooooo that sounded harsh...
KDØRCH
Bio Page
Old 06-20-2012, 04:17 PM
Rising Sun Commander

We camped at Steamboat Lake State Park last weekend. Yes there were fires allowed in the fire rings, they sold wood at the Marina, couldn't tell there was any sort of heightened fire awareness, other than I've never camped in an area as well patrolled as that one, saw a ranger every 2 hours, minimum. Not sure why, none of them ever asked for my fishing license which I thought for sure would have happened at least once.

As I was setting up a woman a few camps over came by and started talking to me, she was interested in this fancy awning contraption I had on my vehicle.. anyway she said they got a ticket the night before at 12:45. They had been in bed for 2 hours, the park rangers were going around turning over logs in fire pits, and they found a warm spot one one of the logs in their fire pit. She had poured 2 gallons of water on it, the other side of the log was soaking in a puddle.. apparently her incessant screaming got herself out of the ticket. I found that somewhat interesting, felt like some over-the-top policing to me, but hey I'm no fireman. We emptied the full 7-gallon jug on ours each night, was actually interesting to see how you could keep stirring it and overturn new hot spots even long after it had been submerged. I've never put that much water on a camp fire, but wth we were right next to the spigot.

This was not really camping, IMO, by most standards. it's families pulling trailers setting up on flat gravel with a paved driveway. No brush, no trees, just you & the wind, and kids riding bikes. Being by the lake made it fun though, otherwise not really my thing, other than was cool seeing our 3yo daughter dial in the coasting thing on her Strider bike.

www.gamiviti.com