06-27-2012, 10:09 AM
Hard Core 4+
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Littleton CO
Jeffco complete fire ban
Picked this up from Pinecam...
From Jeffco Sheriff:
What is allowed in a fire ban?
• Only devices that are liquid fueled or gas fueled are allowed. Simply put, gas grills, gas fire pits, gas stoves, and gas lanterns are allowed. The rule of thumb is whether or not the fire can be “turned off,” rather than “put out.”
• Charcoal grills are permitted at private residences only that are east of C470, east of Highway 93, and east and north of the intersection of C470 and Wadsworth Blvd.
What is not allowed in a fire ban?
• Charcoal grills are not permitted anywhere, including private residences, west of C470, west of Highway 93, and west and south of the intersection of C470 and Wadsworth Blvd.
• Anything which produces an open flame which is not liquid fueled or gas fueled. This includes tiki torches, fire pits, and chimineas’. This includes private residences.
• The use of any fireworks.
• Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, or while stopped in an area of at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all combustible material.
• Using any fire to burn trash, debris, fence rows or vegetation, or any campfire.
• Operating a chain saw without a USDA or SAE approved spark arresting device properly installed and in effective working order, and having a chemical pressurized fire extinguisher of not less than eight ounces capacity by weight, and possessing one large size pointed shovel with an overall length of at least thirty-six inches. The extinguisher shall be with the chain saw operator. The shovel may be kept with the fueling supplies, but readily available for quick use.
NOTE: The Sheriff’s Office will strictly enforce a zero tolerance policy on all fireworks violations in the fire ban area.
Heb Dduw, heb ddim; Duw a digon
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.