Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 09-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Rock Stacker

A couple other things that I need to look into, and maybe some of you guys and gals have some insight. Over the last year I have been trying to get back into going to church. I will be looking for a good christian church wherever I move. Also, I am a very active free mason. I am an officer at my lodge here in KY and moving to CO I will definitely want to find a lodge that I like and one that clicks well for me. Any info on any either or those would be awesome too. Thanks!
Old 09-13-2012, 07:12 AM
Hard Core 4+

Durango has a small college but it does not take over the town in the winter. Its more a tourist town than college town. Auto sales is limited, but the big 3 are all here split between two dealerships. Toyota is with Ford. Nissan sits on its own. Handful of independent used. The natural gas industry is what really keeps the money flowing down here.

Its a great mountain community and as mentioned a mecca for outdoor endeavors. Resort skiing is not as good as some other places but the backcountry is very good. Moab is a 1/2 tank of fuel away. The San Juan's offer some of the most scenic wheeling in the state but not real hard.

I can't offer any help much with church or the Masons. We have many churches and I think I know where the Mason's lodge is. But that's all I know.

Because the ski resort is a 30 min drive north housing costs are similar to good areas on the front range.
2004 Starcraft 10RT

Old 09-13-2012, 07:57 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by kybrad View Post
A couple other things that I need to look into, and maybe some of you guys and gals have some insight. Over the last year I have been trying to get back into going to church. I will be looking for a good christian church wherever I move. Also, I am a very active free mason. I am an officer at my lodge here in KY and moving to CO I will definitely want to find a lodge that I like and one that clicks well for me. Any info on any either or those would be awesome too. Thanks!
Check out Flatirons Church on line. Kick butt modern non denominational church. Our kids lured us there and we stayed! Basically a rock concert every weekend with a great "Me too" sermon! Do have to warn you that it's big and growing! Seems no one leaves after visiting.....
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior