Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 09-23-2012, 09:47 AM
Hard Core 4+

Default 2" Drawbar Material

You can find raw receivers all over, the 2" inner diameter tube with a collar that you weld on to bumpers to accept 2" accessories.

Does anyone know of a place that has just the 2" outer diameter raw material tube with no ball mount or anything on it? I need a 2" receiver to 1/2" pin adapter and seems as though it does not exist commercially.

I need to make something similar to this except 2" drawbar tube instead of 1.25" and the diameter of the trailer hole is 1/2" instead of 3/4". It does not accept a trailer ball, a 1/2" pin is dropped through the trailer hitch that sandwiches the drawbar plate.

These road-use type drawbars cost about $25 at the stores, which I'd rather not spend just to cut up for a few dollars in steel for the 2" tube. This does not need to be DOT rated or anything like that, off road only (talking lawn and garden implements), might see as much as 200 lbs, almost zero of it on the tongue.

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 09-23-2012, 09:58 AM
Rising Sun Member

Dave, can't figure out if you need piece that accepts a receiver or the receiver itself?

Check Wal Mart, they have cheap receivers you can cut up, or receiver extensions that have both the male and female side.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Rising Sun Commander

You need some 2" OD square tubing? I still have your sliders, come on by and cut off a piece.

www.gamiviti.com

Old 09-23-2012, 02:11 PM
Hard Core 4+

I never realized that it's just 2" square tubing. Thought it was something special, dunno. I'd rather cut off a hunk of those than cut up a new $30 drawbar, let me see when I can get down your way.

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler