Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > For Sale + Help > For Sale / Wanted

Old 09-27-2013, 08:58 AM
Hard Core 4+

Default Possibly WTB: 80 Series PS Box

Putting out a bit of an advanced feeler here, does anybody have a good condition power steering box for an 80 series for sale? I recently sent mine back to WTOR hoping the reseal and adjustment would remove some of the play in the box, but it did not.

I still need to replace my front panhard rod bushings to rule that out first but I suspect the play in the steering (2" at the wheel) is due to play in the box. its not bad...but it sure is annoying and tiring on the highway.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:41 PM
Hard Core 4+

Corey,
The guys at WTOR something do not fully adjust the box right, they depend on your finishing it up on the truck. Is there a bit of the screw sticking out of the lock or jam nut? If so, then you still have some adjustment left. If the screw is flush or lower than the jam nut then you do not have any adjustment left.
Look at that first and id you do not know how to adjust, come by or hit some one up in the club that does.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:18 AM
Hard Core 4+

Thanks Robbie. There is indeed some of the thread from the adjustment screw left. When I sent the box in to them there was almost 0 preload. When I got it back there was definitely more but I didn't really check it for spec, just installed it.

I'll adjust it a bit more and see what happens, thanks for the input!

Corey
Old 10-06-2013, 01:15 PM
Hard Core 4+

Bump for myself Tried adjusting the box but for some crazy reason the adjusting screw and lock nut are pretty well seized together. Not sure how that happened; I was able to adjust it before I sent the box in, but maybe I bent something when I tried to get the pitman arm off and was going to town with the hammer. Today I was able to loosen the lock nut (which took the screw with it) but couldn't separate the two. After cranking and banging on that thing for a while with various tools, I think I'm back on the hunt for a gently used box again.

So, if anyone is parting an 80 and has a decent condition steering box, I'm interested
Old 10-20-2013, 09:03 AM
Hard Core 4+

2 week bump for my self; still looking around for one of these incase anyone has started to part an 80 Slee didn't have any and still waiting to hear back from Yodajims.