Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Notices

Old 01-05-2013, 08:58 PM
Rising Sun Event Coordinator

Default Snow Tubing suggestions

We are planning a snow tubing day in Winter Park for the kids. Ages 6, 4 and 4. Has anyone been to the Colorado Adventure Park at Winter Park Mountain? Or Fraser Tubing Hill?

TLCA Social Media
100's in the Hills website
"What's that? I can't hear you over my heated seats"-KW
Old 01-05-2013, 09:58 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Snow Mountain Ranch has one too. It's run by the YMCA. it is in Tabernash.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:20 PM
Rising Sun Member

We used to go to the Fraser Tubing Hill years ago (like 30 years ago...LOL) and it was a blast. Not sure how it has changed though. One thing I remember is getting to the top involved sitting in your tube, grabbing a bar as it passed overhead, and then wrapping your legs up over the cable and trying to hold on. Needless to say, there was chaos down the line when someone ahead of you let go and came flying down the tow line

That and once you got to the bottom of the hill you wanted to get out of the way quickly! Saw a lot of people get taken out at the bottom of the hill.

If things haven't changed much I'm not sure I'd take a 6-year old and 2 4-year olds there...
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater
Old 01-07-2013, 10:01 PM
Rising Sun Event Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair23 View Post
We used to go to the Fraser Tubing Hill years ago (like 30 years ago...LOL) and it was a blast. Not sure how it has changed though. One thing I remember is getting to the top involved sitting in your tube, grabbing a bar as it passed overhead, and then wrapping your legs up over the cable and trying to hold on. Needless to say, there was chaos down the line when someone ahead of you let go and came flying down the tow line

That and once you got to the bottom of the hill you wanted to get out of the way quickly! Saw a lot of people get taken out at the bottom of the hill.

If things haven't changed much I'm not sure I'd take a 6-year old and 2 4-year olds there...
Thanks, that's good to know. I'll look into it before we go. What little info I could find online makes it look like they attatch your tube to a tow cable. I'm gonna give them a call. I'd rather not have my 4yo twins get mowed down at the bottom of the hill!

TLCA Social Media
100's in the Hills website
"What's that? I can't hear you over my heated seats"-KW
Old 01-07-2013, 10:14 PM
Rising Sun Member

I just got back from there today. My dad has a condo in WP. We were sledding with the kids in center of town off of main street at eh main town park. They have free sleds there and it fun for the smaller kids and free.

The new sledding deal at the ski area looks like a giant luge type thing. Like a small version of the summer luge. We went to the Frazer sledding area that Jeff was talking about last year. There are two pay sledding areas side by side now. We went to the newer one with the big carpet track that takes you up. It was fun but it will cost you.