Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Notices

Old 01-29-2013, 09:53 PM
Rising Sun member

Matt, you'll probably need to get that body mount bolt from Toyota. It's a specialty bolt.

For your wheel question, I would say to get some 15x8 white wagon wheels - pretty common (see many pictures of mine in the link in my sig line) and allow you to run wider tires than the stock 15x5.5s. If you want to go to 16s you'll just have to find one out there that has the right backspacing and is the style you want. The only stock option is a split rim from Oz. I don't think I've ever seen a wagon wheel in a 16" size - might have to do some googling...
Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 01-29-2013, 10:35 PM
Lifted

Thanks for the insight Matt.

I found some non USA FJ60 16s. $190 each after club discount from Boulder Toyota, needless to say, I'm exploring other options. I have a newish set of 275/70/16s I wanted to put on, but maybe I'll try to trade them or sell them. Or maybe I'll run spacers and tacoma wheels. Or maybe... I'm also going to redo all the body mounts this weekend, then reassemble, and drive it. I'll 'fix' the floorpan issues after the newness wears off. I'm already regretting not driving it around.

Cheers,
M.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:20 PM
Lifted

With where your exhaust is dumping, I'd check your steel right above there when you get some free time. My exhaust is set up the same way and I have convenient ground viewports through the body in that spot.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:35 PM
Lifted

^ thank you. It is kind of crappy there...