Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Other Hobbies > Ham & CB Radio Corner

Old 08-03-2015, 07:13 PM
Lifted

Default FT857 for sale with extras

Thought this might be a better place than general for sale section.

Yaesu Ft857 for sale with a few issues. See below, long.

This is the non "D" version but has the DSP optional chip. Also included is a LDG external meter, the standard microphone, the MH 59A8J remote microphone, and remote kit.

It does have a few quarks that someone with diagnostic and SMD skills could likely fix up for pretty cheap. Stock wiring connector is intact but I did install Anderson Powerpole connectors below the wiring connector.

I have an intermittent RX problem on HF. It started like this- I noticed after I TX (mobile) and let up on the mic button the RX signal had dropped from where it had been to a lower S-meter value and lower audio. Then after a few seconds it would come back up. I first attributed to "normal" signal variation but it is hard to explain how it sounds, but it is a bit different. It has since happened at my base setup where the audio didn't come back up. I then tuned to a station that was coming in about s2 with this reduced RX condition. So I turned off the radio, turned it back on and the s meter went to s9+ with loud and clear audio.

I have noticed using a VHF/UHF antenna that recently it will rollback power and not TX (even at 2w) and show a little over 2:1 SWR (LDG meter). Then I come back and try again the SWR shows maybe 1.25:1 and it TXs fine. The behavior has happened more frequently with antenna not tuned specifically for 70cm. The most recent instance is a flex-whip 1/4 wave antenna, tuned for 2m (1.1 swr at 147Mhz) and is a 3/4 wave for the 448Mhz region of 70cm (varied between 2.2:1 and 1.25: as described above). One person thought this was the issue “Your SWR intermittent is caused by the Forward/Reflected sensor is seeing the loss of connection through the LPF, and antenna conn” . While more frequent intermittent behavior is on 70cm, it does similar but much less frequent on VHF.

There are a few random and intermittent bad pixels in the display.

The previous owner had a lot of work done by Yaesu (I have documentation) to correct a problem he said was on 6m. Here is a list of parts and the labor was listed as “AM labor”:

CHIP CAP. GRM1882C1H221JA01D CHIP RES. RMC1/16S 332JTH
CHIP RES. RMC1/16S 104JTH
CHIP RES. RMC1/16S 334JTH

CHIP RES. RMC1/16S 102JTH
CHIP RES. RMC1/16 120JATP
CHIP RES. RMC1/16S 333JTH
CHIP RES. RMC1/16S 222JTH
CHIP TA.CAP. TEESVA1V224M84 (2 OF THESE) CHIP RES. RMC1/16S 392JTH (2 OF THESE)
CHIP CAP. GRM36B103K16PT (2 OF THESE) CHIP CAP. GRM2192C2D470JV01D (2 OF THESE) FILM CAP. UC232H0470J-T

DIODE L7101NR (5 OF THESE)

Price is $450, plus shipping, located in Colorado Springs.

Happy to answer any questions but sold as is.
Leon
K0ENG

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin