Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Other Hobbies > Ham & CB Radio Corner

Old 02-13-2013, 09:38 AM
Rising Sun Commander

No question that CB is more inclusive, but since it's been brought up twice now in this thread also recognize that Ham radio is not exclusive to this club, not by a long shot. Rising Sun uses it, High Desert Cruisers in ABQ run Ham, Norcal runs Ham, Bookcliffs in GJ, Wasatch in Utah is almost all Ham... those tend to be the guys we roll with, particularly those who lean more towards over landing expo stuff, rather than crawling. It varies by year at Cruise Moab but somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2 the trucks will also have 2m communications. Point being, it's not accurate to say you need a CB to talk to groups outside Rising Sun.. we're just one of many here who have seen the light.

www.gamiviti.com

Last edited by nakman; 02-13-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:32 PM
Hard Core 4+

Tim I agree there are many who have seen the light. But if one can have only one radio then I think a CB is the way to go at this time unless you plan to stay in our general circles.

To date I think I have only ever been on two trail runs during Cruise Moab where I turned off my CB and only relied on the HAM. As a trail leader I generally never use the HAM for general communication with my group. I normally have only 2-3 in the group with a HAM. I leave it on to be reached if need be but that's all.

I'm completely with you that HAM is superior in every way and wish everyone would take the extra time to get licensed. I'm glad I did. My HAM was my first mod to my 80. Long before tires/bumpers/lift.
2004 Starcraft 10RT