Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 08-10-2006, 10:57 AM
Hard Core 4+

Default Anyone help a brutha out in the springs area???

Well as you know my mobile is for sale/sold(pending) and I'm looking at a cheapie 40 series to get my cruiser fix and DD abilities. I have found one to look at in the springs and was wondering if anyone was around that area that could check it out for me??? Get me the lowdown etc etc...

I'd owe you some beer.
TLCA#15530

96 285's OME 's ride
Old 08-10-2006, 12:13 PM
Hard Core 4+

Default 'cruiser to view...

What/where-in-town/when/how/how much?

email to steve.helmreich@horizonint.com
Old 08-10-2006, 01:36 PM
Hard Core 4+

You might know this one steve...here is the info...maybe you know something about it???

76 FJ40, 2F, gear reduction starter, no emissions, mileage is unknown, pointless ignition from JT Outfitters, oiil leak (not sure where it's coming from), seat belts from Cool Cruisers, no hard top or soft top, new Bestop Bikinin Top, seats have been reupholstered, no jump seats, the rust is very minimal ( a small hole over each tail light, it is covered by the deck plate corners), I purchased this 8 years ago from the guy who is the president from the local TLCA here in Colorado Springs and it has been in the garage up until last year, this FJ came from Nevada, 5 new BF Goodrich All Terrain Tires 33 X 1050 on new white spoke wheels from JT Outfitters, I drive this to work occasionally in the summer (20 mile round trip). I want $3700. I will email pictures if requested.

I have his info, i need to call as he works nights I think...it doesn't look too bad for a candidate. has new fenders...worth 3,700??? I'd obviously paint her...and do some fix up...and I'm not expecting a cherry rig...seems the prices have gone $$$$ for 40 series
Attached Images

TLCA#15530

96 285's OME 's ride
Old 08-10-2006, 04:26 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Seems like a pretty good deal for a solid Cruiser. Lack of rust is everything.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:15 PM
Rising Sun member

Price is probably close to what it's worth (at least according to my experience with my truck), but the lack of a hardtop might give you a little bargaining room...a bikini top will not do you through the winter...ask me how I know (I believe I have pics if you want proof)

Does it have hard doors? That's another biggie
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 08-11-2006, 08:20 AM
Hard Core 4+

No doors, no tops other than bikini... no turn signals but bodywise seems pretty solid. I would like the price @ 3K as I think that would be good/fair.

I have around 5K budget...so at 3K I could get a Marks carb, top/doors, rear seat, baseline fluids, birf job, attempt to fix the leaks.
TLCA#15530

96 285's OME 's ride