Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Other Hobbies > Ham & CB Radio Corner

Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2013, 10:27 PM
kurtnkegger's Avatar
kurtnkegger kurtnkegger is offline
Rising Sun Member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denver Burbs
Posts: 841
Default Where to start??

I may have put the horse before the cart here, but I purchased a YAESU FT-2800M radio. I currently have a two way radio in my 40, but the club only communicates with CB or HAM, so I decided to make the move..

So, my question...Where do I start about getting my license? What books, web sites etc do I need to get the ball rolling?


Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:42 PM
wesintl's Avatar
wesintl wesintl is offline
Hard Core 4+
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: in da house
Posts: 8,047
Send a message via AIM to wesintl

you can get a book but if you know everything in this tread you will pass

See you on the trail
Couple o' FJ40's, BJ70, PZJ77, UZJ100, TDI 66FJ40,82FJ60,97FZJ80
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:58 AM
RicardoJM's Avatar
RicardoJM RicardoJM is offline
Rising Sun Member
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Centennial, CO
Posts: 2,396

If you prefer reading (printing) a PDF this study guide works great. Use the practice tests on QRZ and you will find that in short order you will have masters the material.

Exam sites are found online and there seems to bee an exam somewhere in the metro area each week. It takes about a week after then exam for your call sign to get posted.
Ricardo Maestas - Bio Page
1999 LX 470
SOLD - 1971 FJ-40
TLCA #18941
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.