Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 06-08-2013, 05:35 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default My latest Project.

So over the past several weeks I have been building a custom storage/organizer for the bed of my truck. Well, I have now finally completed it and gotten it out of the house and into the truck.

Here are some pictures I took along the way. Thought I would share.

It holds my shovel, bolt cutters, high jack, with room for more stuff on the right side.
The drawer holds all the other smaller odds and ends like bungee chords, hatchet, machete, bow saw, tow straps, etc.
The open space in the back fits my plastic chest that holds all my extra truck fluids and other things I don't use on a regular basis.

I'm not quite done yet. I'm going to make a bracket to secure my tool box to the right corner, as well as hold one fire extinguisher right now. I'll be adding another, larger, fire extinguisher soon. On the left side I'm thinking of installing a bracket to hold a 10 gallon water jug. So I'll be adding some more things to it for awhile.

TLCA #22468

2003 Tacoma TRD 4x4 4-Door

I would rather walk than drive anything that's 2WD.

Last edited by Shotshell; 06-08-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:13 PM
Rising Sun Member

It is good to be organized and keep stuff from bouncing around back there. You might consider two 5 gal. cans instead of one 10. Scepter out of Canada makes a good water can in the "jerry can" shape. Then whatever mounts you build will hold petrol or water.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:22 PM
Hard Core 4+

Looks nice and light!

2001 Sequoia Limited with heated seats

My camping trailer build up thread.

"You 80 guys are just a Sawzall away from nirvana." -Red Chili
Old 06-09-2013, 12:12 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezarf View Post
Looks nice and light!
Yes it is. I'm not sure exactly how much it weighs, but I can easily pick it up with one hand. It's all aluminum for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L43dean View Post
It is good to be organized and keep stuff from bouncing around back there. You might consider two 5 gal. cans instead of one 10. Scepter out of Canada makes a good water can in the "jerry can" shape. Then whatever mounts you build will hold petrol or water.
Yes, I should have clarified. You're right though. I saw a jerry can holder that accommodates two cans, I think Slee has it. It either holds two jerry cans or one 10 gallon water jug. But really, I think you're right. I'd ultimately be better off with one fuel can and one water can.

TLCA #22468

2003 Tacoma TRD 4x4 4-Door

I would rather walk than drive anything that's 2WD.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:48 AM
Lifted

Nice fabrication work. I have been brainstorming how to do something like that in the back of my 4 runner. I wish I had as much space as you. Some how I need to get my 32 inch spare, and 100+ pound German Shepherd back there with tools and recovery gear. There just isn't enough room back there. Either I need a bumper that will hold the spare, or throw it on the roof. I just hate throwing a heavy ass tire on top. It's probably not a big deal but, it makes a rig seem top heavy when they're all loaded up on the roof with all kinds of gear.