Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 06-05-2013, 08:03 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Default July 3rd Rising Sun meeting

Great discussion tonight about next month's meeting, the general consensus is let's go rogue again in July, and do more of a picnic/outdoor/wheeling/camping type of event.

So please post up your ideas- where to go, when to meet, etc. Guidelines are it should start Wednesday evening 7/3, and be generally close to the Denver metro area. Beyond that, all ideas are welcome!

www.gamiviti.com

Old 06-05-2013, 11:29 PM
Rising Sun Member

Dave's House!
Old 06-06-2013, 12:26 AM
Rising Sun Event Coordinator

One thing to consider is we might be dealing with other people on the trail or camping in those areas close to town. We should be prepared to see people drinking/celebrating the holiday. That could impact our ability to conduct a meeting.

TLCA Social Media
100's in the Hills website
"What's that? I can't hear you over my heated seats"-KW
Old 06-06-2013, 06:51 AM
Lifted

Something we used to do with TTORA when I was involved was a BBQ/Picnic meeting at Mt. Alto and then run the Switzerland Trail. Nice easy trail for all abilities and super scenic.

I'm not sure how many people usually attend meetings but it's rather large up there...
Old 06-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
Great discussion tonight about next month's meeting, the general consensus is let's go rogue again in July, and do more of a picnic/outdoor/wheeling/camping type of event.

So please post up your ideas- where to go, when to meet, etc. Guidelines are it should start Wednesday evening 7/3, and be generally close to the Denver metro area. Beyond that, all ideas are welcome!
Why limit it to Wednesday night? Why not have that one meeting on a Saturday or Sunday so the club could do a real trail run, hold the meeting during the lunch break, then keep on going?
Randy Rosetta KDKWX TLCA #19351 69 FJ40 "Meanie" & 1970 Boss 302 Mustang
Old 06-06-2013, 02:18 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Randy View Post
Why limit it to Wednesday night? Why not have that one meeting on a Saturday or Sunday so the club could do a real trail run, hold the meeting during the lunch break, then keep on going?
Great suggestion, and you're right there's really no reason it even has to be on a Wednesday, or anywhere near Denver for that matter. To the point that it's still inclusive of most of the folks who would like to attend the meeting, IMO.

The only sticking point, if any, would be alerting the rest of the members of the new date/time. Per our bylaws that needs to happen 10 days prior.

Quote:
Article III, Section C, Note 2: It shall be the duty of the Secretary to provide a meeting notice to the general membership at least 10 days before the next meeting.

www.gamiviti.com

Old 06-06-2013, 02:44 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Quote:
Great suggestion, and you're right there's really no reason it even has to be on a Wednesday, or anywhere near Denver for that matter. To the point that it's still inclusive of most of the folks who would like to attend the meeting, IMO.

The only sticking point, if any, would be alerting the rest of the members of the new date/time. Per our bylaws that needs to happen 10 days prior.
That means we have about 3 weeks to decide when and where and then notify the members and still meet the 10 day advance notice.
Randy Rosetta KDKWX TLCA #19351 69 FJ40 "Meanie" & 1970 Boss 302 Mustang
Old 06-06-2013, 02:44 PM
Rising Sun Webmaster

I can somewhat take care of advisement with the website. one way is like i've been doing the announcement for the meetins at the top of the forum.

Quote:

Old 06-17-2013, 09:00 AM
Rising Sun Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Randy View Post
That means we have about 3 weeks to decide when and where and then notify the members and still meet the 10 day advance notice.
Deadline is this weekend to decide.

www.gamiviti.com

Old 06-17-2013, 09:28 AM
Rising Sun Event Coordinator

Barbour Fork gate is open. However, I'm a little concerned with being up there for a meeting/camping/trail run on the eve of July 4th. My concern is that it's a popular shooting area, the lower camping area can get pretty crowded. I'd hate to be up there trying to have a meeting while others are sending live rounds down range. It's a popular shooting area. I'm all about responsible plinking..... but others might not be. Then again, that open area is pretty large, and I'm sure we could find a safe spot....

I love the idea of getting out for a meeting. But, if there are potential new members who come up to see what Rising Sun is about and there is some rif-raf tearing the area up, it could scare them away. The Jack-it and Recovery meetings were in a very controlled environment, a meeting on the trail might not be.

My suggestion is that if we're doing this on July 3rd, we hold the meeting prior to the run in an easy to access location. Then, after business is conducted we could make the run. Obviously, an earlier start time would help, but running in the dark would be fun too. Or, a small meeting around the campfire after the run, but attendance would probably be minimal at that point.

TLCA Social Media
100's in the Hills website
"What's that? I can't hear you over my heated seats"-KW