Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > For Sale + Help > For Sale / Wanted

Old 06-11-2013, 10:43 AM
Rock Stacker

Default 71 toyota fj40 $8000

I have to sell my old toy. I am the second owner (bought it from my dad).
phone 719 351 0480 or email at coloradoknoe@gmail.com
I reduced the price to $6000
http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3863882909.html.
Has 166,680 miles. About 168,000 miles on a rebuilt F engine with a Weber 26/29 ? progressive carb and Mallory electronic ignition.

`It has a total of 4 in lift. 3 in from an Ole’ Man Emu lift and the other half from a Man A Fre shackle reversal kit and anti inversion grease able shackles. 4 wheel disk brake conversion. Floor shifted 3 speed. 5.23:1 gearing. Relatively new (Low miles) 33x12x15 inch Goodyear MTR tires on black spoke wheels. 2 hoop 6 bar roll cage made by Rock Ware in Colorado Springs.
Man A Fre bumpers front and rear. Front bumper has shackle attaching points and a Warn 9000I winch with synthetic rope (also comes with the cable) and extra hardware. Rear bumper has a tire carrier on the driver’s side and a 3 5 gallon Jerry can or cooler carrier on the passenger side, it also has shackle attaching points, hi lift jack mounting bracket and a receiver hitch.

`The interior has bucket seats up front and a bench seat in the rear. Both the driver’s side and the bench seat have tool boxes under them. Driver’s seat is easy to remove by just removing 1 pin and sliding sideways. It also comes with the original jump seats and 2 tool boxes that fit length ways underneath them. Has both front and rear heaters.

`It comes with both the original hard top and hard doors and a best top soft top and soft doors. Hard top has the 3 door back. 2 half doors and a hatch type door.

`It also comes with most of the original parts and extra parts. Here is a partial list.
2 -2F engines that can either be rebuilt or used as cores. 1 is from a 1979 FJ40 and the other is from a 86 FJ60.
1 Australian 5 speed transmission that has a granny low speed and a overdrive.
1 transfer case out of a 86 FJ60.
The front axle shafts including birfields and housings out including the hubs. The outer shaft is thicker and has fine splines for a stronger axle set-up. It also comes with the front disk brakes from the 86 FJ60.
A power steering conversion out of a Toyota mini truck. Includes the pump and gear box hoses and drag links, and the steering wheel out of a 1979 FJ 40.
A power steering conversion out of a Toyota mini truck. Includes the pump and gear box hoses and drag links ,hubs, disk brakes and the tilt steering wheel out of a 1986 FJ 60.
Brand new rear U joints. Still in the box.
Drive shafts.
Other misc. parts both original and aftermarket.

hate to let it go but guess it's time
Thanks Keith

Last edited by coloradoknoe; 07-01-2013 at 05:28 AM.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:30 AM
Rock Stacker

ttt
Old 07-08-2013, 04:05 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Hard to tell from the photos, but it looks like it has a fair amount of rust? Do you have more photos?
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:03 PM
Rock Stacker

It has the typical landcrusier rust down in the lower rear quarter panels and under the doors wear the support comes in. Overall not horrible but not great either. I will get some better pics out there