Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 06-13-2013, 08:39 AM
Rock Stacker

Default VIN inspection GJ to Glenwood Springs

I need some recommendations and was hoping you all could help. My boys (4 & 5) and I will be in the area tomorrow maybe tonight and need a VIN inspection to register our 80, the county where it's going to be registered does not do them. Is there a recommended dealer or any LE officers on here whiling to help? I believe I have all the required forms.

-Nathan
Old 06-13-2013, 08:43 AM
Hard Core 4+

The police station in Avon do it. Not between GJ and Glenwood, but perhaps any Police station in CO will???
Old 06-13-2013, 08:53 AM
Rock Stacker

That's what I was thinking, but my understanding is it the vehicle needs to be registered in the county office it's going to be parked/garaged(Garfield) and because of our lack of time I was hoping for Grand Junction to Glenwood because the offices are in Rifle and Glenwood.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:25 AM
Hard Core 4+

I think all police and sheriff can legally do them. Now whether or not any random officer you ask will, I dunno. You'll probably have to call and go to an office. State Patrol can do them, too. In the Front Range all Air Care Colorado emissions stations can do them as well as some independent inspection stations.

In Mesa County (Grand Junction, Fruita): http://clerk.mesacounty.us/mv/vin-in...n-process.aspx

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite.../1186648384600

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite...me=CBONWrapper

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 06-13-2013, 10:13 AM
Rising Sun Member

When I had a problem w/ a prior 55 I had to go to the State Patrol.
The out of state title I got from the seller had an extra "0" inserted, so it did not match the VIN on the frame.

1978 FJ-40
1974 FJ-55 w/ 3FE

TLCA #10713

CO/WY Horsetooth 4 Wheelers Cruiser Club - Click Here!
Old 06-13-2013, 10:28 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloCruise View Post
When I had a problem w/ a prior 55 I had to go to the State Patrol.
The out of state title I got from the seller had an extra "0" inserted, so it did not match the VIN on the frame.
What you had I think was a VIN title certification, which is not the same as a VIN verification (e.g. just stating that everything matches). I believe only the State Patrol can do the certification.

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 06-13-2013, 02:56 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to treerootCO

Drive to any city with mandatory emissions testing. Colorado Air Care Inc. does VIN inspections for $15. These places are all over Denver and surrounding counties.
pride is ego, the word I had lost was dignity. The quality or state of being worthy of esteem or respect.
Ptarmigan build thread - 95FZJ80
www.root45.com
www.risingsun4x4club.org

TLCA #14133

Old 06-13-2013, 04:11 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInDenver View Post
What you had I think was a VIN title certification, which is not the same as a VIN verification (e.g. just stating that everything matches). I believe only the State Patrol can do the certification.
Sounds about right.

1978 FJ-40
1974 FJ-55 w/ 3FE

TLCA #10713

CO/WY Horsetooth 4 Wheelers Cruiser Club - Click Here!
Old 06-13-2013, 08:05 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

I might be able to do it for you. Let me check if its any Certified Police Officer or an officer tied to the agency issuing the certificate. I did them as a Deputy Sheriff in Weld, but haven't done any as a Parole Officer. Oops sorry didnt understand your location until I re-read post.
99 4Runner, 2.7, 5spd, OME 881/890, Bilstein, 2"RB BL, 4.30, e-Locker Rear/ Aussie Front, Marlin Sliders, Addicted Offroad Front Bumper, XRC 8 Smittybuilt Winch 35 x 12.5" BFG AT, K&N, and the greatest co-pilot, Carol...

Wish list...5.29 Yukon Gears, Back Bumper, Crawler, and SAS.

TLCA#22252

Last edited by BournID; 06-13-2013 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Update
Old 06-14-2013, 08:07 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BournID View Post
I might be able to do it for you. Let me check if its any Certified Police Officer or an officer tied to the agency issuing the certificate. I did them as a Deputy Sheriff in Weld, but haven't done any as a Parole Officer. Oops sorry didnt understand your location until I re-read post.
They (you) have to be certified by DMV. Normally that's the State Patrol, and only by appointment at certain stations. Nearest place to Denver is the State Patrol barracks in Golden.

It is somewhat ironic that Are Care places also have certified inspectors, who don't know a VIN from a smog pump...
Rising Sun 4WD Club, TLCA #4063
http://american3dprinting.net/