Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 06-19-2013, 07:10 PM
Lifted

Default Stolen: 1985 4Runner

The one I just bought. I just registered it yesterday. My wife took it to Water World today, where it was stolen. We all had to pile into my 1980 hilux to get home in my now only vehicle. Please keep an eye out.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-19-2013, 07:13 PM
Hard Core 4+

WTF! That sucks man! Old Toyotas seem to be high on the thieves list lately.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:06 PM
Hard Core 4+

that sucks.
2004 Starcraft 10RT

Old 06-19-2013, 08:39 PM
Rising Sun Member

What is going on. we sure have had alot of trucks stolen. Hope you can find it. Sounds like like you were targeted. Those are popular since it was the 1st gen 4runner with solid front axel.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:05 PM
Hard Core 4+

One is bad fortune, two is a coincidence, three seems like a trend. This is ridiculous, old Toyotas being targeted. Will watch out.

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 06-19-2013, 09:46 PM
Hard Core 4+

I'm selling mine.
It's a p/u though. Price negotiable.
http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3871989835.html

And my Lexus ls400 price also negotiable
http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3880749134.html

Sorry for cheap plug.. But that sucks total donkey doo.
I'd be dead if mine was taken.

What area are most of these being stolen from ?
Old 06-20-2013, 09:10 AM
Lifted

If I were targeted, I suppose it could have been most likely through this site. I didn't think posting pics of license plates on ones vehicle was so risky. It's easy to imagine the steps I could've taken to avoid this but, too late now. If your vehicle is posted about online and you haven't yet taken anti theft measures, I suggest you do it now because it hurts real bad getting violated like this.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:08 PM
Lifted

I'm sure it was just a case of bad luck and not any targeting thru the internet. If this was a highly mod'ed truck, maybe. Water World isn't in the nicest part of town and I'm sure thieves just troll thru the lot looking for something easy that they know they can get a few bucks for, your 4Runner fit the bill. Trucks like this are obviously popular to steal though because 1, they're easy to take, no modern anti-theft technology and 2, there is a large demand for them as well as demand for parts they could strip them for.

Any help from Water World security, parking lot camera footage, etc.? What did the cops say? Sucks all around and reminds me I need to add some anti-theft measures to my son's 4Runner before I give it back to him after all the work I'm doing to it.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:32 PM
Rising Sun Event Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyhcrana View Post
If I were targeted, I suppose it could have been most likely through this site. I didn't think posting pics of license plates on ones vehicle was so risky. It's easy to imagine the steps I could've taken to avoid this but, too late now. If your vehicle is posted about online and you haven't yet taken anti theft measures, I suggest you do it now because it hurts real bad getting violated like this.
What would make you think that one of your 26 posts could lead someone to Water World to steal your truck? This sucks all the way around, but I don't see the connection of this site, your license plate and Water World.

Do you know how your truck was taken? Keys left inside? Window broken? Doors unlocked? Towed away?

TLCA Social Media
100's in the Hills website
"What's that? I can't hear you over my heated seats"-KW
Old 06-20-2013, 04:47 PM
Lifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJCDan View Post
What is going on. we sure have had alot of trucks stolen. Hope you can find it. Sounds like like you were targeted. Those are popular since it was the 1st gen 4runner with solid front axel.
I don't think I was targeted, just saying referring to this post, that if I were targeted, anybody else could be too, so we should all take precautions before its too late. Nothing would lead them to Water World that I have posted, they could've found my work or home and then followed it to WW. A long shot, I know.

Quote:
Any help from Water World security, parking lot camera footage, etc.? What did the cops say? Sucks all around and reminds me I need to add some anti-theft measures to my son's 4Runner before I give it back to him after all the work I'm doing to it.
The police came to WW. I made a report. All the employees I talked to said they never had any vehicles stolen from there in their memory. They are going to review surveillance, supposedly, but they don't expect to find anything usefull unless they get a tag off a vehicle dropping the thief off.

Quote:
Do you know how your truck was taken? Keys left inside? Window broken? Doors unlocked? Towed away?
Truck was locked. No broken glass anywhere. Jenni still has the keys so either they had one too, or they broke the ignition.

FWIW, if it were a scam, I'm more suspect of Craigslist and the alemeda & federal neighborhood I bought it in.

...and it really bums me out.