Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Other Hobbies > Ham & CB Radio Corner

Old 07-03-2013, 03:03 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default ColCon Changes

Just received this via email:

Subject: COLORADO CONNECTION BULLETIN - Breckenridge
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 09:39:21 -0600

As most users already know, the Breckenridge site has been a source of interference in the fall every year as winter approaches. Last fall we made a slight frequency change from 146.79 to 146.805 to try to minimize that problem and we also announced at that time that a frequency change to 147.39 would happen when access to the site allowed the necessary duplexer change. That change is going to happen this week-end!

Frequency change at the Breckenridge site will happen sometime this week-end.

The new frequency will be 147.39 (123.0)
and the tx offset will be plus(+)

Re program your radio and use the system

Old 07-23-2013, 04:03 AM
Rising Sun Member

More changes:

Subject: Grand Junction Repeater
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 07:25:32 -0600

The Colorado Connection repeater in Grand Junction is off the air!

The work party this last Sunday had intended to replace the equipment there with a fresh package. Murphy was at the site and seemingly in a bad mood, and the change over became problematic. After several attempts (two different packages) it was decided to pull the equipment, rework the equipment, and return later when Murphy was in a better mood. A return visit is tentatively scheduled for two weeks out on Sunday the 4th of August.

Stay tuned for news about this upcoming site visit.

John
Old 08-11-2013, 11:25 PM
Rising Sun Member

Subject: Site visit report - Leadville & Breckenridge
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 21:41:25 -0600

Dave and John visited both the Leadville site and the Breckenridge site today (Wednesday) for some routine maintenance. All went well except for the snow storm on the mosquito site.

In the continuing saga of where does the "GRUNGE" noise come from we hear on the system, we have experimentally changed the tone on the 147.39 repeater at Breckenridge to 88.5 Make a note of this new tone when using the system in the Summit County area.

Remember the input tone on the Breckenridge repeater has changed to 88.5 for the time being. There is no tone on the output.

Grand Junction is still down with plans being made sometime soon for a return visit.

We will be doing a tweak and peak visit to the Colorado Springs repeater this Sunday.

Stay tuned for more news as it happens!

John
Old 09-01-2013, 07:01 PM
Rising Sun Member

Sweet, I programmed it in my HT and was able to nit the connection and talk to a random dude. Not W0AFA surprisingly enough

Thanks!
82 FJ40
Old 09-04-2013, 12:58 PM
Rising Sun Member

More Changes:

Colorado Connection users,

Some recent changes to the Connection repeater system are:

Grand Junction is back on the air with a new Kenwood repeater and a new antenna repositioned on the tower, thanks to Dave/KA0YDW & John/W0IG!

The link from Colorado Springs has a bit more power going to Mt. Thorodin, thanks to Jim/N0WGQ, John/W0IG and Dave/KA0YDW!

A major overhaul at the Mt. Thorodin site has taken place in the last few weeks thanks to the RMham group of volunteers. Virtually every piece of equipment, radio, antenna, feedline, etc has been updated. The group has installed a totally new antenna system to be known as the Ted Allison, N0NKG (SK) "N"ever "K"iss "G"orillas memorial antenna system purchased and donated by Doug/K2AD. The site has been tweaked and massaged to a super level of performance in spite of a significant noise floor that exists at the site.

Be sure to express your gratitude to members of the RMham Group for all their work at the 145.31 repeater. Also be sure to thank Doug/K2AD for his generous donation and hard work!

Be sure to test these recent changes and give us your feedback.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:50 AM
Lifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover67 View Post
Sweet, I programmed it in my HT and was able to nit the connection and talk to a random dude. Not W0AFA surprisingly enough

Thanks!
Haha....good ol' George. I've talked to him plenty of times...actually he may have been my first QSO...can't remember. He sent me a QSL card though... LOL!