Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-19-2013, 09:38 AM
farnhamstj's Avatar
farnhamstj farnhamstj is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: vail co
Posts: 2,583
Default Camping Vail 7/20-21

Yes, Today.

Late notice, sorry. The kids, wife and I have the camper on FR734 and Buffher creek. We'll be hanging around the campfire. I know there is a Red Cone trip and a few other things to do this weekend. But if you're in the area and want to stop by I have cold beer and we are not under fire ban.

Please feel free to join us, This is not an organized trail run, but there are plenty of forest roads available to explore in a licensed vehicle.

Directions. Exit Vail, (176) go west on N. Frontage rd for about 3/4 miles. Right turn on Red Sand Stone rd. This becomes FR700. Follow for 6.5 miles. Left on FR734 for 1.5 miles. We are slightly to the left when facing the Buffher creek sign.
__________________
98 uzj100. Factory rear-ARB front locked 4.88's. ARB Bull, Warn 9000, Irbis rear bumper, Slee sliders and belly pan. OME t-bars w/863 rears, HID, XM
KD0GWO
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-19-2013, 09:52 AM
Uncle Ben's Avatar
Uncle Ben Uncle Ben is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 13,153
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default

Any chance that carrier pigeon with the broken wing showed up somewhere with those stickers?
__________________
KUBN
Kevin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-19-2013, 12:46 PM
farnhamstj's Avatar
farnhamstj farnhamstj is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: vail co
Posts: 2,583
Default

Sorry, I've moved out of my house and everything I own, except my LC, motorcycle, and a box of clothes are in 3 storage units in Eagle. I was supposed to move when the kids finished school. I'm one step ahead of, In the words on Chris Farley "Living in a van down by the river" more like, in a camper at the top of a mountain.
__________________
98 uzj100. Factory rear-ARB front locked 4.88's. ARB Bull, Warn 9000, Irbis rear bumper, Slee sliders and belly pan. OME t-bars w/863 rears, HID, XM
KD0GWO
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-19-2013, 02:11 PM
Uncle Ben's Avatar
Uncle Ben Uncle Ben is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 13,153
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by farnhamstj View Post
Sorry, I've moved out of my house and everything I own, except my LC, motorcycle, and a box of clothes are in 3 storage units in Eagle. I was supposed to move when the kids finished school. I'm one step ahead of, In the words on Chris Farley "Living in a van down by the river" more like, in a camper at the top of a mountain.
Oh pooh! Sorry dood! I had no idea....you OK?
__________________
KUBN
Kevin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-19-2013, 04:02 PM
farnhamstj's Avatar
farnhamstj farnhamstj is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: vail co
Posts: 2,583
Default

Yes, life is good. Still happily married. I have tenants still in a house I purchased back in November. Expected them out in June. But, they are paying my mortgage and then some until Sept 1.

I've lived in a one bedroom basement apartment with my wife and 2 kids for the last 12 years. Camper is kind of spacious and the sun comes in through the windows. Moving into a 3 bedroom place with my own garage.
__________________
98 uzj100. Factory rear-ARB front locked 4.88's. ARB Bull, Warn 9000, Irbis rear bumper, Slee sliders and belly pan. OME t-bars w/863 rears, HID, XM
KD0GWO
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-19-2013, 04:21 PM
Uncle Ben's Avatar
Uncle Ben Uncle Ben is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 13,153
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by farnhamstj View Post
Yes, life is good. Still happily married. I have tenants still in a house I purchased back in November. Expected them out in June. But, they are paying my mortgage and then some until Sept 1.

I've lived in a one bedroom basement apartment with my wife and 2 kids for the last 12 years. Camper is kind of spacious and the sun comes in through the windows. Moving into a 3 bedroom place with my own garage.
Whew! It was sounding like a life style crash. Glad ever things still healthy!
__________________
KUBN
Kevin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.