Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area

Notices

Old 08-10-2013, 11:51 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smslavin View Post
And he drives a Jeep...

I just found this description. http://www.summitpost.org/east-ridge/309390

That talks about leaving from Waldorf or Santiago, climbing Edwards then down to the ridge that goes up Gray's. Is that the route you wanted? Sounds like a much less used route which would be nice on a weekend.

You want to double up and summit Torreys too?

I'll tell Bec today that I'm planning on doing this. If I leave the house at 4, I probably could be at Waldorf by 6ish. Is that an early enough start or do you want to go earlier?
The route i'm looking at is different from that description. We would drive to the top of McClellan MT and the end of the line for the Argentine Central, from there, head (westish?) towards Gray's Peak.

My main reason for doing this is historical rather than peak bagging. Wanting to document with the camera, the proposed extension for the Argentine Central.

Still would be fun to have you along.

And if theres enough vehicles/people at the top of McClellan, would love to re create a photo there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzali View Post
The point is Perry wants to follow the route that was to be the extension of the argentine central to grays peak. Not a standard route for present day peak bagging by any means. Slavin, you would be booking it to be at Waldorf from boulder in two hours
Matts correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDH33 View Post
Wow, Deleted my post. Suggestions not allowed apparently.
Causing trouble again Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzali View Post
Sorry guys, didn't mean to come off snippy, I guess typing on the phone is even worse than with a keyboard

Nothing wrong with any way to get to the top of grays peak, it just seemed like there were questions about the route perry was intending on tackling and I was trying to help clarify. Sorry about that
Thanks Matt.

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Old 08-12-2013, 08:56 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh4rnnr View Post
The route i'm looking at is different from that description. We would drive to the top of McClellan MT and the end of the line for the Argentine Central, from there, head (westish?) towards Gray's Peak.

My main reason for doing this is historical rather than peak bagging. Wanting to document with the camera, the proposed extension for the Argentine Central.

Still would be fun to have you along.
wandering with a camera for a day would be totally fine. haven't been doing that enough lately and i need to find my way back. work has me on a very very short fuse lately and this would be a great zen moment before heading to BFE texas for a few days of fun with some oil field roughnecks...

still waiting on hall pass approval. should have it today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzali
Sorry guys, didn't mean to come off snippy
no worries. didn't take it that way.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:35 PM
Hard Core 4+

well, crap, hall pass was denied. something about the in-laws coming to town. not sure what that means except that i've got to be home.

i think i'll head up there towards the end of the month, maybe beginning of september.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:20 PM
Hard Core 4+

So much for any fun this summer.

Still planning on Saturday, Argentine and the Miners cabin North of Waldorf.

Sundays out

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"