Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 08-13-2013, 09:40 PM
Lifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARGEONE View Post
Are they just trying to part the trucks out? If so, do they end up in the same junkyard? Or scattered all over Denver?
If they are parting them out here, they do a good job keeping them off of craigslist.
94 pickup in a pile of parts
Old 08-14-2013, 06:29 AM
Lifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatkid View Post
If they are parting them out here, they do a good job keeping them off of craigslist.
I have sold 3, 3rd members to the same Hispanic gentleman in the last month. He told me he saw mine at the scrapper and bought those diffs too. If you go to any U-pull yard in Denver, you will find no 3rd members. I was told by an employee at pull n pay, they have a standing order for Toyota 3rd's so they never make it to the lot. The shady scrapers know about this, so they send out a shady mfer to go grab yotas and quickly pull the diffs and maybe the motor and crush it within 48 hours. That is my theory, mostly because that's was their plan with mine.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:56 AM
Hard Core 4+

Sorry Justin, my old 85 was broken into 5 different times before it was totally stolen and anything of value taken and dumped on 58th and Pecos. My 91 same thing 3 break ins and a theft of the truck. It really matters where you live and go, South West plaza used to be one of the worst places. Thief's would take a bus there and leave in several stolen cars on a Saturday using those cars to carry the stolen stereos etc.

If you can buy a beater and take it to places like a movie theater, they watch the lot then you and know they have plenty of time to steal your truck or parts.

Sorry this happened again man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 08-14-2013, 12:21 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inukshuk View Post
where is it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by baja1d View Post
Same ???
Pump or place to tap in?

This thread should give you many ideas of how to make an 80 not start. Simply interrupt one of the critical circuits with a hidden switch. I bet much of it would apply to any Toyota truck.
http://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-te...opy-truck.html

I'm happy I don't have to worry as much about these things where I am.
2004 Starcraft 10RT

Old 08-18-2013, 10:28 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Yeah the fuel pump relay is on the passenger side above the computer behind the dash. Mine hangs right next to my 5VZ ECU so I just unplug it and take it with me. As soon as I get my member status back (dues paid finally, and thanks Jeff!) I'll post up what I've got going on. It's simple and at least I like to think its clever.

"Squishy"-1988 Red Hilux Standard frame, X-tra cab, locked F&R, 5.29's, 35" tires and a SAS. In Moab STOLEN

"Apollo"-1988 Hilux, 1999 3.4L, Supercharged, 2.1" URD pulley, URD 7th injector, 2 1/2" Magnaflow exhaust, TO DO: lift, locker.

"RedChili"-1987 Super Beast

"Did you know the IFS was designed by Hitler himself to make the life of 4WD owners tough? Yeah, it's true, he saw a vision of the Devil and he told him to do it." -DaveInDenver
Old 08-18-2013, 11:45 AM
Hard Core 4+

Justin and others, that fixes the stealing of the vehicle BUT that is the best case scenario. Insurance covers most of that with 15-30% of cost of the add one unless specific lg insured.

The worst case is that they break in through the window and tear the electronics out. That is hard to clean and then insurance again. Hide radios, speakers, hams and CB'S so thirds don't see them. Out of sight means not to steal. Tuffy boxes are great so are custom speaker installs in the foot wells that use matching material so they are hidden more and try to use the stock head unit. A big screen custom unit is an invite to a thief.

Anyway we all know the drill, keep your pricy stuff out of sight and secure your car/truck anyway you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 08-18-2013, 12:05 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Agreed. But when your whole baby gets stolen, just the electronics don't seem to matter as much. Besides I dont have electronics right now anyway. They were all in the stolen truck.

"Squishy"-1988 Red Hilux Standard frame, X-tra cab, locked F&R, 5.29's, 35" tires and a SAS. In Moab STOLEN

"Apollo"-1988 Hilux, 1999 3.4L, Supercharged, 2.1" URD pulley, URD 7th injector, 2 1/2" Magnaflow exhaust, TO DO: lift, locker.

"Did you know the IFS was designed by Hitler himself to make the life of 4WD owners tough? Yeah, it's true, he saw a vision of the Devil and he told him to do it." -DaveInDenver
Old 08-20-2013, 01:58 PM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

why don't you put a Tile in it somewhere?
TLCA#4180
Old 08-20-2013, 06:15 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Tile? Huh?

Old 08-20-2013, 07:42 PM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

http://www.thetileapp.com/
TLCA#4180