Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > For Sale + Help > For Sale / Wanted

Old 09-12-2013, 12:05 AM
Hard Core 4+

Took a look at this cruiser for a customer, I had told the owner it needed a bunch of work, Engine was real Oily, paint is rough, sun damaged, Passenger front door needs a work due to a wind burst that messed up the door stop broken and then dented the door, door will open, but make a binding noise when trying to open fully. Hood and front fenders have been Painted, but could not determine if they are original or not, no Vin tags on the fenders and hood. Many little dents that is hard to see in the picture. I do believe it needed service work on the Axles, and yes it does not have lockers.
Jim(the owner) is asking way too much for this cruiser. I had told him that he was a bit out of touch on the price, when I looked at it he was asking 6800 or 6900.
He has come down some, but no where near what the current shape suggest one should buy it for, it also has C-piler cracks on both sides as well.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:28 AM
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the feedback, everybody. Responding to two of your posts...

Matt, those "Four Wheel Drive" moldings were applied by the body shop when they did the hood and fender work 10+ years ago. (I rear-ended somebody at low speed in the I-70 traffic crawl.) Not sure if these were just something they "up-sold" us on or if there were prior moldings that were somehow damaged and actually needed replacing.

Robbie (powderpig), I appreciate your taking the time to check out the vehicle and for your assessment here. It's entirely accurate. The fender painting I'm pretty sure was just where it meets the hood for "blending" - as that paint looks different from what's on the rest of the fenders.

The price I was asking was actually $6,499 when you visited. I've since added in the grille and tail light guards ("damage enhancers" I think you call them) and dropped the price to $6,199 on Craig's List and $5,900 on my post here. I can drop it another $400 to $5,500 for Rising Sun members if you think that's fair. If not, what do you think is fair? I'm still getting inquiries via Craig's List, so I may keep it higher there just in case.

Thanks again,

Jim