Old 09-19-2013, 12:42 PM
Lifted

Default Beautiful

Wonderful car - hope it's a stick shift to boot! Congrats -
Old 09-20-2013, 09:28 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover67 View Post
The one in the purple bottle? They carry it specifically for VW people. I can look at the bottle tonight.

They also sell the filters. At least for the 2006 jetta TDI
I think it depends on whether you have a DPF. The 507.00 spec oil is made to reduce the particulates so as to not clog the filter excessively.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:38 AM
Rising Sun Member

I was in NAPA last night, they had Liqui Moly and something else.... Both 507 spec oils. The Liqui Moly was the purple one I was thinking about and is usually what we buy for Al's car. From the NAPA on Arapahoe.

It was my understanding that these motors are hard on Cams and the 507 spec oil has something slippery that makes them live.
82 FJ40
Old 09-20-2013, 10:53 PM
Hard Core 4+

6 speed manual.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:22 AM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

Just wait til you chip it...
TLCA#4180
Old 09-22-2013, 09:30 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesintl View Post
Just wait til you chip it...
No kidding, we love what chipping it did to Al's. Its super quick now... it also improved economy when it is driven reasonably. You should chip it.
82 FJ40
Old 09-23-2013, 06:14 AM
Hard Core 4+

Great cars, I have had my 2010 Jetta Station Wagon,(a golf wagon really) this coming Jan for 3 years now. It started out at about 46 on the highway at 80MPH. I now has 70k miles and the fuel milage age driving the same way is 49.5 MPG at 80 on long trips. Best Fuel milage has been 53 at 65 on back roads of colorado and new mexico.
It constantly gets 33-34 mpg in town driving up and down to my house. It has been a wonderful traveling rig.
one thing to not do, I have been kicking snow off my vehicles rockers panels for as long as I can remember, try to resist this if you also do it. The rocker panels are thin and will dent easy. You also have two indents in the rockers to show where the jack goes if you need to change a tire, they are there by design. I did not know about them, and had the winter tires put on and thought the tire company had dented it, but VW put them in for you so you have dents upon arrival. Minor in the grand scheme of things.
Winter tires will be a must for you. The best winter tire I have owned was the General arctic claw, but it last only 12k miles. But it handles every type of snow really well. Just did not like how it wore out so quick. I have Michelin X Ice2 on it now, really great on ice and dry snow, sucks in Wet snow. Neighbors like the Hankook Ipikes, but they are a hard tire, not soft, wear well. I am looking at the Coopers for the mix of wet snow we have up here. They have the most open design for the heavy wet snow. The wet snow is the killer, have to pull the chains out to get up the hill.
Anyhow, it is great you got 0% financing, it make the payment seem worth while, it is nice every month to see the amount of money one puts down on the payment fully go to the debt.
If you are into forums, TDIclub is really good for the diesel VW, Also My Turbo Diesel is also a good one. Both have lots of great information on the VW diesel.
Because of the dirt roads i drive daily, I have installed Diesel Geek front pan skid plate, and have found it to be a great add on to protect the engine and tranny for the low position the front end is on the road.
Future up grades, a Wavetec auto locking differential, A engine chip, with down pipe DPF delete, lift to get the dub in the air a bit more. 5 inches is a bit low for colorado roads(IMHO).
enjoy
Old 09-23-2013, 04:03 PM
Rising Sun Member

X2 on the skid plate. It has saved us more than once. It also has a hole to drain oil through so you don't have to pull it off like the factory one.
82 FJ40
Old 09-23-2013, 08:36 PM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

handles like crap in the snow without snow tires. I prefer the Yokohama ice guard. i've had 3 sets of them. My jetta's been pretty unstoppable in the snow with them and I like skiing pow.

The skids are def cool but I still have my original ones and they have been fine.
TLCA#4180
Old 09-24-2013, 11:28 AM
Hard Core 4+

Are your skid plate steel Wes? The later model ones are a thin plastic with air bubbles, not much between your engine and tranny and the road. An I believe we are a bit lower in these Golf's than the Jetta's and the Passat's.
Glad to hear about the Yoko's, may need to look at them.