Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area

Old 09-24-2013, 09:20 PM
Rock Stacker

Cool Glenwood Springs 9/30? Denver Area 9/25-10/2?

Coming in from out of town and was told by baja1d on IH8MUD to check here if anyone was interested in joining me for a day of trail riding. We are staying at the Glenwood Motor Inn on Sunday 9/29 and wanting to do some mild to moderate trails Monday 9/30. I will be in a lifted JK unlimited I have rented for the week. I know I know its a Jeep blah blah blah you will just have to pull me around all day . 80 wont be done for a few months yet, but gotta scratch my itch somehow and finding a cruiser to rent is impossible within the confines of the US. Keep in mind I will have my daughter with me so milder trails with some playgrounds would be nice but I have plenty of experience behind the wheel to handle more if necessary. Definitely looking for some suggestions even if others can't join, I understand its a Monday but it's when it fit in our busy vacation schedule. Could also probably escape for some playing around in the Denver area sometime between 9/25-10-2 besides the 2 days I will be up in Glenwood.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:40 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Hopefully you get a couple takers... Monday is rough though for most of us. If you find yourself in Denver on the 2nd, our club meeting is that night- you'd be more than welcome, even in the JK. Enjoy Colorado! Probably the prettiest time of year to be out here.

www.gamiviti.com

Old 09-27-2013, 02:05 PM
Rock Stacker

Planning on heading down to marble on monday and hitting crystal city and the loop back around to the north coming back into marble (forgot the name of that trail) anybody know if that area is dry or has it been snowing there? Seems like an easy afternoon that the family will enjoy and I wont be uncomfortable heading out on alone. Still no interest from anyone in the area?
Old 09-27-2013, 05:25 PM
Rising Sun Member

Too bad your not a week later or I'd meet up with you. This weekend and early next week are no good for me.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:03 AM
Rock Stacker

Just got home to Chicago and figure I'd report my trip. An awesome time we ended up going down to Marble as planned and heading up through Crystal City to see the Powerhouse. Anybody who has not made this trip I would rrecommend it. The wheeling is easy and I would be confident traversing it in a Subaru with careful line choices. It was the perfect amount of wheeling for my 1 Year old daughter who was totally burnt out on the car seat after the ride. The scenery is beautiful as is the mystique of the old Mill. We ended up not doing the loop to the north to come back down lead king basin which i regret now unfortunately but it was still an awesome day. I will try to post a few pics.
Attached Images

Old 10-03-2013, 10:32 AM
Hard Core 4+

Very cool. I'll be hunting in that area in a few weeks; wish I could've driven through there with you.
'00 UZJ100

Tags
baja1d