Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 10-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default Stuck on Georgia Pass

Is anyone headed up to Georgia Pass tomorrow, Sunday Oct 6? My neighbor went up with the family in his Liberty and another family in a wrangler and both slide of the road on the west side of Georgia Pass. Apparently it is very slippery. My cruiser is down for now so I can't help but if anyone is headed up that way tomorrow he could use some help. The wrangler just needs a couple of tugs but a winch may be necessary for the liberty. He is looking into other options but plans to head tomorrow regardless.

Shoot me a PM if think you might be able to help.

Justin
78 FJ40, Rear Locker, 33's, power steering, sbc and so much more left to do.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:23 AM
Rising Sun member

Justin - did they ever get out? Sorry I didn't see this until now.
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, Metric TLC leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 10-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Rising Sun Member

Thanks for asking Matt and those of you that sent pm's and texts. They were able to get out and probably saved a few other people from making a mistake. Normally Georgia Pass is a fairly easy trail but the recent snow and some wind put a nice coating of ice and some fairly deep drifts on the west side of the pass. With the right recovery gear, tires or chains it may not have been a problem but for more stock vehicles it was a challenge.

As it turns out, since they were just on the other side of the pass, a couple of other vehicles that were ahead of them the next morning saw the abandon cars and decided not to proceed. Instead they parked at the top and ended up helping them free each of the cars. A little snow melt on Sunday was also very helpful.

So, all vehicles made it safely home with no damage, just a night out in the cold.

78 FJ40, Rear Locker, 33's, power steering, sbc and so much more left to do.