Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > For Sale + Help > For Sale / Wanted

Old 12-22-2014, 05:08 PM
Trail Ready

Default FS: FJ60 Rock Crawler.. Pretty Penny AKA the melted Snickers bar

1985 FJ60 Rock Crawler For Sale $4000

This FJ60 is a Beast! Its wheeled Patriot, Carnage, the Rubicon, The Ultimate Adventure, Moab, and Everything in between. On the trail its Nice and Slow and controllable with the Hydro Assist and Doubler it will out crawl most smaller trucks.. Load up your Kids, Dogs, Gear, and Friends everything will fit! The spring rates and shocks are dead on, Seriously It rides like a Caddy in the rocks. This Truck does not have any fluid leaks, (maybe a few Weeps). The Interior of the truck is in Great shape. Nice cosy Leather seats up front.

TBI 383 Stroker , 700R4 Trans, 203 Doubler, Toyota Split Transfer Case w/Parking Brake
14 Bolt Rear Axle 4:88, Grizzly Locker, Disk Brakes w/antiwrap Bar offset for Land Cruiser T-case
FJ60 Front Axle 4:88, Aussie Locker, 30 Spline Longfeilds, 5th knuckle Stud, High Steer, Cromoly Studs, Diff Guard. 6-8Lug Wheel Spacers. (spare Spacer, Knuckles, Spindle, Hub included)
38/13.5 R17 Goodyear MTR’s with good tread on 17” 8Lug Wheels
PSC Hydraulic Assist System
Custom Front/Rear Bumpers, Skid Plate, and Sliders.
Full Interior Roll Cage from Redline Land cruisers
York on Board Air Compressor Setup, Decent Stereo, LED Rock Lights, Spare Driveshafts (one needs a new ujoint), Spare Leaf Springs, and a bunch of random seals/ect

Known Issues - Roadworthiness – yes it will drive down the road, but it has some pretty bad body sway and Bump Steer, so you will not want to be texting and driving. The Doubler will Pop out of High Range on Decell (if you pull it down a gear) If you need to Decell down a hill, just use the Low range and your fine. The T- Case will sometimes pops out of 4wd while under load (I think of it as a Fair warning to go easy on her). The Transmission has a shift kit, so the 1-2 shift is harsh during light acceleration. The Engine has recently developed a bit of a Tick, fortunately these engines are cheep and easy to find if it gets worse. As for the Body, Its been upside down so if you’re trying to impress a date, this may not be the truck for you. All the Doors close and open, but have slight air gaps.. The windshield was glued in, and is cracked, Leaks a bit in the rain.

My Original plan for the truck was to swap on a new Body, and take care of some of the issues but I don’t have the time or space. If I Part it out, with middle of the road prices, I have almost $5000 in parts, but id rather see it stay together. $4000 and its yours!

trevor at Crawlorado .com or 719 331 seven five one six
Old 12-22-2014, 05:11 PM
Trail Ready

photos
Attached Images

Old 12-22-2014, 11:25 PM
Cruise Moab Co-Chairman & RS Secretary

Hi Trevor, looks like a nice rig. But what exactly is the suspension? Sprung under lift? Sprung over with ? Coilover 3-5 link? Front? Back?
Rising Sun 4WD Club, TLCA #4063
http://american3dprinting.net/
Old 12-23-2014, 08:26 AM

Looks like a SOA with stock springs.
83 CX500 Built. GSXR 1000 front end.
Old 12-23-2014, 12:25 PM
Trail Ready

It's soa with stock springs. And add aleafs.. shackle reversal in the front with drop brackets.. wrap bar in the rear
Old 12-23-2014, 02:13 PM
Trail Ready

Was this for sale about a year/year and a half ago? I think I sent it to my buddy and told him we should go halfsies on it He has a new diesel Ram 3500 with a big flat bed trailer hmm...

Now you can Rent a Ducati in Denver!

www.RentYourAdventure.com
http://facebook.com/RentYourAdventure
Old 12-23-2014, 02:24 PM
Trail Ready

yes, I bought it from Chuck (Who built it) and have wheeled it a bit while my FJ40 has been down.

I know it doesn't look that great, and I was supper brutally honest about some of its issues.. but if you have ever wheeled with it on the trail you would jump at $4000.

You could probably add a sway bar, to the front end and make it a lot more roadworthy!
Old 12-23-2014, 06:54 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

I have had the huge privilege to wheel with Chuck many times while he owned this beast. I can vouch for the trucks capabilities! I am so tempted to snag this and swap all the underwear into a different body and fix everything needed in the swap over. I made the mistake of asking permission rather than forgiveness and the spousal override has happened! If you want to aggressively wheel a 6x wagon you would be crazy not to snag on this deal! Your basically buying the rear locked 14 bolt and wheels and getting the rest free!
Attached Images

TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 12-23-2014, 07:35 PM
Rising Sun Member

Having wheeled the Rubicon with Chuck when he owned this truck, I too will attest to it's supreme wheelability. A true BEAST!!