Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > For Sale + Help > For Sale / Wanted

Old 11-08-2013, 09:34 PM
Rising Sun Event Coordinator

Bad info on my part I guess. When my son was born we went to a local seminar on car seat safety. That's the explanation they gave us and we've always used that logic. My kids are out of car seats and on to booster seats now.

As far as what car to buy, I wasn't making a suggestion in either direction. It's your vehicle, drive a few and see what you like best. As you said, you're coming from a twin turbo V8, a supercharged V8 and an E55 in your driveway. Clearly, you know what you like.

If you re-read my post I didn't say a 4th gen was the best for kids. I like 4Runners in general, especially the 5th Gen. Now that my kids are in boosters we'd consider a 5th Gen for my wife. Just my preference. My 100 isn't really a family vehicle anymore, we have a Honda Odyssey for that.

Sometimes I feel like I took a really nice family vehicle and ruined it. It's dented, scratched, over-lifted, locked, terrible on MPG's, loud, slow, underpowered and too big for some trails. However, it's the best vehicle I've ever owned. My wife loves driving it, my kids love riding in it and every time I walk to get in it, it makes me smile.

If I had to buy another one today, I'd go 98-99 LC and not LX and add a front locker and 4.88s before driving it 5 miles. Or, another 2004 and build it almost exactly like the one I have.

TLCA Social Media
100's in the Hills website
"What's that? I can't hear you over my heated seats"-KW
Old 11-08-2013, 09:44 PM
Rock Stacker

Really appreciate the input. I also like 4runners - I had a 3rd gen that was a sweet truck. I need to go drive a 4th gen and form an opinion there.

Would I be right to think you guys are pretty relaxed about any Toyota hitting the trails with you? :P