Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 12-06-2013, 08:35 AM
Rising Sun Member

In Gunbarrel, the plant is experiencing "low gas pressure" which is preventing the boilers from operating. I'm curious to see how cold it gets inside the buildings before Excel can put more pressure in the pipes.
"If you know what you're doing, then you aren't learning anything." - A. Lincoln
Old 12-06-2013, 09:13 AM
Rising Sun Commander

I've also had the same issue on 3rd gen runners- it's downright scary you roll up to that first stop and the pedal is rock hard, and no braking! Most likely just some water in the brake fluid that's freezing...

www.gamiviti.com

Old 12-06-2013, 09:59 AM
Hard Core 4+

My '98 4Runner brakes were sorta 'stuck' this AM, too - this happens at super low temps every year. It's a 3rd gen thing, I guess. I stopped trying to find a solution for it.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:47 AM
Rising Sun Member

80's battery was dead as a stone at DIA last night. Got a jump from the parking guys to get home around 10pm. Also, the driver's window regulator was really grumpy last night. The window would barely go down for me to pay at the parking booth, and I then had to gently lift it back up manually. (Stupid me for trying to lower it anyway; wasn't thinking.) Once on the road it was a frosty ride back to Evergreen. The heater works fine but my side windows froze over from the condensation from the warmth in the truck.

Had to go to Napa this AM for a fresh battery, but hopefully that will be all.
TLCA #22433
1993 FZJ80 - locked & lifted. Needs some armor.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Rising Sun Member

My buddy's Matrix hasn't started since Tuesday. Nothing seems to help the poor thing.

"Squishy"-1988 Red Hilux Standard frame, X-tra cab, locked F&R, 5.29's, 35" tires and a SAS. In Moab STOLEN

"Apollo"-1988, 1999 3.4L, Supercharged, 2.1" URD pulley, URD 7th injector, 2 1/2" Magnaflow exhaust, TO DO: lift, locker.

"Did you know the IFS was designed by Hitler himself to make the life of 4WD owners tough? Yeah, it's true, he saw a vision of the Devil and he told him to do it." -DaveInDenver
Old 12-06-2013, 02:45 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default Seat Heaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacket View Post
My 80 had been sitting for a few days, so it was slow to crank this morning. Never really got warmed up during my 4 mile commute. I was wishing I had seat heaters.
I have never enjoyed my seat heaters in the 80 as much as the last few days!!!
"Just because California does it, doesn't make it a good idea, or the right way to do it! If you like California so much, please move there. Don't make the rest of us live in the same HORROR!!!"
Old 12-06-2013, 02:55 PM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

no issues this am, lil diesel fired right up with 2 glow cycles and 1 bad glow plug
TLCA#4180
Old 12-06-2013, 03:13 PM
Rising Sun member

No problems here yet, I should probably have my dad check the 40 to see if the block cracked. That thing seems to start better in cold weather anyway.
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 12-07-2013, 12:00 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
-21 at my house this AM in the Black Forest. My house is in a depression that collects cold air. Realizing that current antifreezes only protect to -35 with a 50/50 mixture, I hope I'm a little rich on all my vehicles!

With any luck, some pine beetles froze to death last night.
It was about that cold down here if Fountain. Gear box and clutch felt like they were in wet cement, but luckily the 40 started right up. I could see my breath in the cab all the way up to Ft. Collins with the heater on. Time to get that rebuild kit and new rubbers around all the doors.

"If you don't go when you want to go, when you do go, you'll find you've gone."

"We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness."
Old 12-08-2013, 07:19 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoodheart View Post
Throttle body (2004 has a 'hybrid' drive by wire) went into safe mode at 65mph coming back from DIA today. I unplugged it, cycled it, and drove back to the office. Hopefully just a function of the truck being cold-soaked at the airport for the past 3 days?
Same happened in my 2000. Left at the airport Mon -Fri. Just left the parking pay booth and I went into safe mode. Pulled over and sat in the sun while the truck warmed up. After about 15 minutes of waiting and starting and stopping the gas pedal returned to normal and I drove on home. Code reader read P1120. So far this weekend no more issues.
TLCA#22277
2000 LX470 152k
No mods yet, work in progress.