Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 01-08-2014, 05:54 PM
Hard Core 4+

Do it Marco you won't be disappointed. I do this for a living and Jeremy can attest that you want a big sander, did his floor matching old to new and can't tell. Once you are ready to apply the finish LMK there are some real good products out there that you can apply yourself. Just like painting a car it is an art too, takes a steady hand and feel for the product.

If you have any questions call me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 01-09-2014, 10:19 PM
Rising Sun Member

I think they turned out ok.

Also, I think when we pull the rest of the carpet up we might just get it all done pro as suggested... Well see. Total time invested was 6 hrs and about $120 in rental and materials.
82 FJ40
Old 01-10-2014, 07:38 PM
Hard Core 4+

looks good to me. nice work.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:24 PM
Trail Ready

They look great and much, much better than the before shots that is for certain !

Even as a professional woodworker, I elected to have my floors professionally refinished last year. Two man team with heavy drum sander and edge sander. They did a great job and applied three coats. Two left the grain a little "hungry". Like anything else it is the details that make the difference . . . specifically the time spent sanding between coats and wiping/vacuuming the dust before applying the next coat.

I had originally planned to do it myself with the orbital rental unit, but my oak floor was stained cherry and I wanted the cherry color gone. Cherry stain on oak is just wrong. I was told that to sand the stain away the big dog drum sander with a pro operator would be the ticket. Now that the stain is gone, if it needs refinished down the road I'll probably do it with an orbital sander.