Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Land Use

Old 01-09-2015, 07:00 PM
Land Use Co-Coordinator

Default This year's Land Use Itinerary 2015

Alright folks,
I just wanted to post this thread up to give everyone an idea about what's going to be happening this year as far as official club land use events. Also known as Cleanup Runs.
As you all know, we have two trails that the club has adopted. Argentine/Levensworth Pass and Jenny Creek.

This year we're planning two cleanup runs for Argentine Pass. One at the beginning or middle of June for downed trees and trash etc. Then another one in late September for trash etc.

In July there will be a cleanup run on Jenny Creek.

I would also like to gauge interest from the club about a cleanup run sometime this summer on Hacket Gulch. This isn't a trail that has been officially adopted by the club, but I think that we could do a one time thing here for a special circumstance. As some of you know, on the Gulches Run this past year we got to see where the '94 Suburban had been shot up and rolled over the hill. It's a HUGE mess and an eye sore. I think that making a club effort to help clean up some of this debris would be awesome. Also, if we can coordinate this with that county's sheriff's department, (can't remember what county that is right now) that would show them that we are serious about keeping the trails clean and beautiful and respecting these wild areas. Also that we can be viewed as allies and friends in keeping the trails open and safe.

As we get closer to the cleanup runs on Argentine and Jenny Creek, I'd like people to post up specific projects or problems that may need to be addressed on those runs. If anyone is up there and sees something that needs attention, please let me know!

So there it is. As we get closer to the times for these runs I will post up a thread in the Planning forum with specific dates etc.

Any ideas or suggestions or help is always appreciated!

Thanks.

2015 Land Use Coordinator.

TLCA #22468

The "Honey Badger"- 2003 Tacoma TRD 4x4 4-Door *Custom built front & rear bumpers & sliders, 1/2 ton chevy spring swap, Tundra strut & coil swap, Tundra Brake swap, K&N Cold Air, American Racing "chambers" 16" wheels*

I would rather walk than drive anything that's 2WD.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:08 PM
Rising Sun Member

Great work Travis! You might contact Colorado Land Cruisers as well as predator 4wd (since they were instrumental in re opening hackett after the fire) to see if they know anything or would want to go in on a joint venture!
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, no more Sanden OBA (factory emissions)
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, Metric TLC leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 01-09-2015, 08:37 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzali View Post
Great work Travis! You might contact Colorado Land Cruisers as well as predator 4wd (since they were instrumental in re opening hackett after the fire) to see if they know anything or would want to go in on a joint venture!
i believe predator, along with rocky mountain 4wd club are the two that adopted hackett
ige tlca #1431
Old 01-11-2015, 02:48 PM
Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant

Does anyone have measurements for the big kiosk sign we installed a few years back? Was thinking about getting a piece of plexi glass to help fight against people tearing down the tread lightly signs.

Also, might be good to coordinate one of the Argentine cleanups with the Friends of Santiago.

Thanks for taking this on Travis!

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Old 01-11-2015, 05:47 PM
Land Use Co-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh4rnnr View Post
Does anyone have measurements for the big kiosk sign we installed a few years back? Was thinking about getting a piece of plexi glass to help fight against people tearing down the tread lightly signs.

Also, might be good to coordinate one of the Argentine cleanups with the Friends of Santiago.

Thanks for taking this on Travis!

This is a fantastic idea! And I've been thinking about doing this. But, I remembered reading a thread about putting plexiglass on that sign and it seemed like it wasn't going to happen. I would love to see it happen though. I think it would a good move. There is always the chance that it could be shot up and/or spray painted… but I guess that's the risk we take.
As far as the dimensions… I think I read those somewhere in a thread a long time ago… but I don't remember where it is. I'm sure it can be measured sometime before the first clean up run. Let's definitely plan on this for this year. I don't think it would cost too much and we might be able to get a vote on paying for the plexiglass from the club.

Last year when we were up there on the cleanup run I ran into a couple at the Santiago mine that were from The Friends of Santiago. They were very friendly, informative, and were glad to hear that our club was up there doing what we do. I think that their organization would be happy to participate with us. It is at least worth asking them. I'll see if I can get ahold of them. (Actually, I can't seem to find their website. Perhaps they don't have one? Does anyone know how to get ahold of this organization?)

TLCA #22468

The "Honey Badger"- 2003 Tacoma TRD 4x4 4-Door *Custom built front & rear bumpers & sliders, 1/2 ton chevy spring swap, Tundra strut & coil swap, Tundra Brake swap, K&N Cold Air, American Racing "chambers" 16" wheels*

Old 01-11-2015, 05:50 PM
Land Use Co-Coordinator

Also, I'd like to know who has all the paper signs for the argentine trail… I'd like to get my hands on those before the first cleanup run.

Or if there aren't any more left, then I need to know where I get them all at.

Thanks.

TLCA #22468

Old 01-11-2015, 06:45 PM
Rising Sun Member

Usually the Boulder Ranger District likes to join us for the clean up runs at Jenny Creek since we end up doing post and cable, signing, and trail work as well. Coordinating with them early (once monthly meetings start again) usually means we can have our pick of dates.

Also, the big drift up top at Jenny Creek can last deep into July. Work days can be a bit more effective into Aug/Sept since then the place is melted out and post and cable under the top drift can be accessed.

Thanks for putting all this together, I am excited about summer already.
82 FJ40
Old 01-11-2015, 07:26 PM
Rising Sun Member

Travis, I will send you Cynthia Nealy's email - she's the contact for friends of Santiago.

The posters we get from the CCRD Rangers. I would plan on contacting them to get those. Have you found out who our current contact is with the CCRD?

I also have the sign dimensions-will dig them up. But yes it's in a thread somewhere too
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, no more Sanden OBA (factory emissions)
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, Metric TLC leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 01-11-2015, 07:58 PM
Land Use Co-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover67 View Post
Usually the Boulder Ranger District likes to join us for the clean up runs at Jenny Creek since we end up doing post and cable, signing, and trail work as well. Coordinating with them early (once monthly meetings start again) usually means we can have our pick of dates.

Also, the big drift up top at Jenny Creek can last deep into July. Work days can be a bit more effective into Aug/Sept since then the place is melted out and post and cable under the top drift can be accessed.

Thanks for putting all this together, I am excited about summer already.
Cool. Thanks for the heads up, Marco. I have to admit, I haven't actually run Jenny Creek before…
Maybe August would be a better date then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzali View Post
Travis, I will send you Cynthia Nealy's email - she's the contact for friends of Santiago.

The posters we get from the CCRD Rangers. I would plan on contacting them to get those. Have you found out who our current contact is with the CCRD?

I also have the sign dimensions-will dig them up. But yes it's in a thread somewhere too
Awesome, Matt. Thanks! Send me a PM with her email.

TLCA #22468

Old 01-11-2015, 08:22 PM
Rising Sun Member

Subscribed to follow for details as the dates get nearer. Definitely in if I'm available.

imhighlander
1993 FZJ80
TLCA #22433
1993 FZJ80 - locked & lifted. Needs some armor.