Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area

Old 03-18-2014, 04:00 PM
Cruise Moab Co-Chairman

Excellent Steve. It look like Corbet and the Durango group will be well attended as usual.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:06 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Can this get here yet. I'm so excited
Old 03-26-2014, 10:31 AM
Rising Sun Member

My wife and I are going to be in Moab next weekend and I was wondering if I could tag along one of the days? I am relatively new to offroading and am sure I could learn much. Could you give me directions to your camping location, which day would be best and what time you will be heading out in the morning? We will be arriving on Thursday and leaving on Monday.
2007 FJ, 3" ToyTec lift, ARB front bumper, warn M8000S winch, ARB air compressor . TLCA#22436.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:31 PM
Cruise Moab Co-Chairman

You are certainly welcome to join us. I agree that this is how you get better at potentially lead a trial for us someday.

Typically we use this opportunity to run several trails pretty fast in one day. And the focus is to run trails that the CM trail leaders and gunners need to work on. Those are usually the harder trails but not always.

I'm sure there will be an opportunity at some point for you to run a trail with someone that is looking to lead Fins or Hells or Porcupine etc. for the first time. We can fit you in.

Drive into Area BFE and continue straight then on the main road that goes down and to the right. Then continue straight thru the second opening into the trees and our main fire will at the next corner. You can find a site off the road near us. Corbet will be setup there before us. Most of us will be arriving Thursday night sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc0sm View Post
My wife and I are going to be in Moab next weekend and I was wondering if I could tag along one of the days? I am relatively new to offroading and am sure I could learn much. Could you give me directions to your camping location, which day would be best and what time you will be heading out in the morning? We will be arriving on Thursday and leaving on Monday.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:27 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbet View Post
If my schedule allows I'm going to try to get down there Wednesday night for anyone thinking about an early arrival. As I will not have a dog with me Bridger and I might try to get a MTB ride in or two early. Or maybe some rock climbing.
Sweet, I'll have Everett with me as well!!!
1964 FJ40
1988 4Runner
Old 03-26-2014, 10:04 PM
Rising Sun Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeRunner View Post
You are certainly welcome to join us. I agree that this is how you get better at potentially lead a trial for us someday.

Typically we use this opportunity to run several trails pretty fast in one day. And the focus is to run trails that the CM trail leaders and gunners need to work on. Those are usually the harder trails but not always.

I'm sure there will be an opportunity at some point for you to run a trail with someone that is looking to lead Fins or Hells or Porcupine etc. for the first time. We can fit you in.

Drive into Area BFE and continue straight then on the main road that goes down and to the right. Then continue straight thru the second opening into the trees and our main fire will at the next corner. You can find a site off the road near us. Corbet will be setup there before us. Most of us will be arriving Thursday night sometime.
Sounds great. I can hardly wait. We are also signed up for CruiseMoab but can't wait for another month. I just had and new set of 285 BFG TA KM2s mounted on the FJ this afternoon. Thanks and I look forward to seeing everyone and learning lots. I'll bring some beer for the campfire.
2007 FJ, 3" ToyTec lift, ARB front bumper, warn M8000S winch, ARB air compressor . TLCA#22436.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:49 AM
Rising Sun Member

Are we going to be able to pre-night-run Fins?
I want to run it regardless.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:33 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja1d View Post
Sweet, I'll have Everett with me as well!!!
That is great news. The Power's children probably will not make it from Durango. Bridger will be excited to have a buddy. Probably not as excited as dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inukshuk View Post
Are we going to be able to pre-night-run Fins?
I want to run it regardless.
I'm in one way or the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeRunner View Post
I'm sure there will be an opportunity at some point for you to run a trail with someone that is looking to lead Fins or Hells or Porcupine etc. for the first time.
If we need to train on Porc I'm happy to do so, as I'm not able to lead it at the event this year as I normally do.
2004 Starcraft 10RT

Old 03-30-2014, 09:49 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

I am in this year for the pre-run see you all in a few days.

What time are people headed out to BFE from Denver on Thursday?
Old 03-30-2014, 08:08 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Hey would anyone be willing to deliver a roof rack to Moab for me? it's flat, 3/4 rack, you could strap it to your roof at the meeting this Wednesday, then meet someone in Moab on Friday or Saturday. It pays .. or name your price if you want some cash. I need to know by tomorrow (Monday) night, thanks!

www.gamiviti.com