Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Other Hobbies > The Bike Forum

Old 02-18-2014, 10:03 AM
Trail Ready

Default A present to myself

So you may recall a while back I was looking into opinions on a CRF150R Expert vs a larger bike for me to get back into dirt riding after only street for more than a decade. I got the 150, and although I found it to be super fun, it wasn't quite large enough or stable enough for the trails I want to do. Here's the thread detailing that process:

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/foru...ad.php?t=19535

Well I've been casually keeping an eye out for a CRF250x, and I came across one that is really clean and already lowered! I picked it up last night, and I'm taking it straight to Neil Hitchcock today to have him inspect the valves and give it a good look over. I took the 150 to him to redo the forks and really like his work. Now I just can't wait for the summer riding season to start!
Attached Images

Now you can Rent a Ducati in Denver!

www.RentYourAdventure.com
http://facebook.com/RentYourAdventure
Old 02-18-2014, 10:27 AM
Rising Sun Member

Nice. This is a great time of the year to buy a bike. Although now you have to live with it while you're waiting for the snow to melt.
"If you know what you're doing, then you aren't learning anything." - A. Lincoln
Old 02-18-2014, 11:15 AM
Trail Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60wag View Post
Nice. This is a great time of the year to buy a bike. Although now you have to live with it while you're waiting for the snow to melt.
Very true! I test rode it last weekend, and the guy's street was completely covered in snow and ice. It was obviously not ideal conditions to be riding in which I'm sure allowed me to negotiate a bit with the guy. I made him an offer and he said no way, then he texted me 5 days later and said "deal".

Old 02-18-2014, 09:59 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSN View Post
Very true! I test rode it last weekend, and the guy's street was completely covered in snow and ice. It was obviously not ideal conditions to be riding in which I'm sure allowed me to negotiate a bit with the guy. I made him an offer and he said no way, then he texted me 5 days later and said "deal".
Holy cow, way to stick to your guns! I could never do that....

www.gamiviti.com

Old 02-19-2014, 09:38 AM
Trail Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
Holy cow, way to stick to your guns! I could never do that....
I was afraid to because the bike seemed like just what I was looking for, but I also assumed too many people wouldn't be looking this time of year and wouldn't want to ride it up and down his icy street

Just talked to Neil Hitchcock (dropped it off with him yesterday), and he thinks the way the front was lowered is no bueno. They basically just dropped the triple clamp down so much on the front end that it is very likely to bottom out against the fender. I made the choice to have him go ahead and shorten and rebuild the front forks to match the rear, so hopefully the bike will be much more compliant and safe on the trail. He's also inspecting the valves and going over it top to bottom to ensure it's good to go!