Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Other Hobbies > The Bike Forum

Old 02-26-2014, 02:45 PM
Trail Ready

Default Do many of you ride street?

It seems the majority here ride dirt, but I'm curious how many also ride street. I rode primarily on the dirt for several years, then primarily street up until late last summer when I sold my last Ducati Monster and bought a dirt bike. I've added one more dirt bike recently, and I'm considering moving on a really sweet deal on a Monster S2R 1000. I actually put a deposit on it and will go see it Saturday since it's way up north and I don't have time this week. Just curious how many else are getting the itch to ride on the paved roads again here soon!

Now you can Rent a Ducati in Denver!

www.RentYourAdventure.com
http://facebook.com/RentYourAdventure
Old 02-26-2014, 04:25 PM
Rising Sun Member

I ride street to get to dirt. If the dirt is covered with snow, street is better than not riding at all.
"If you know what you're doing, then you aren't learning anything." - A. Lincoln
Old 02-27-2014, 09:12 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

I do ride some street. FZR600, old school machine. Looking forward to seeing how the new canyon highways come together over the next few years.
Andy | Longmont | TLCA#22354
-1999 UZJ100 -Black, GYDT285/75-16, Locked, WKOR sliders, TC UCAs/ Iron Man T-bars, OME866, D/T headers/Magnaflow, Columbus RTT, Drawers n'stuff.
-2001 Tacoma 2.7L Reg Cab 4x4 -Silver,my DD/trail truck, Icon/TC mid trav front, GYDT265/75-16C, Budbuilt Skids

-Kilo-Delta-Zero-Tango-Quebec-Tango-
Old 02-27-2014, 09:54 AM
Hard Core 4+

I do, yamaha cruiser

I probably ride 4-5K a year
Old 02-27-2014, 09:56 AM
Rising Sun Member

Several accidents, lots of close calls, and an arrest kinda shifted my focus from street to dirt.

Maybe someday I'll get back on street. For now I'm like Bruce... Trying to control myself on street on the way to dirt where there are much fewer rules
82 FJ40
Old 03-01-2014, 06:33 AM
Hard Core 4+

2 scooters, ducati 900ss (race prepped), bmw r65/100 hybrid, honda cl450.

whenever I can.

john (johnny) henley
Old 03-04-2014, 09:43 AM
Trail Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimCOTaco View Post
I do ride some street. FZR600, old school machine. Looking forward to seeing how the new canyon highways come together over the next few years.
I worked at a Mexican restaurant when I was 13 as a bus boy, and all the workers there were illegal so they didn't mind me working under age one bit. I used to ride my dirt bike there every now and then, and one day the manager said "have you ever ridden a street bike?". I was kinda surprised since I was obviously years away from getting my license, but I replied that I hadn't but I'd like to. He handed me the keys to his FZR600 and told me to go have fun Needless to say I have fond memories of that bike!

Old 03-04-2014, 12:22 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSN View Post
I worked at a Mexican restaurant when I was 13 as a bus boy, and all the workers there were illegal so they didn't mind me working under age one bit. I used to ride my dirt bike there every now and then, and one day the manager said "have you ever ridden a street bike?". I was kinda surprised since I was obviously years away from getting my license, but I replied that I hadn't but I'd like to. He handed me the keys to his FZR600 and told me to go have fun Needless to say I have fond memories of that bike!
Not a bad deal! It was Mexicans that gave me an early start as well. I was on vacation in mexico, must have been about 11 years old at the time, and there was a YSR-50 for sale at a used lot. My stepfather (a crazy Mexican) took it off the lot and around the corner for a "test drive". So my first street riding was helmet-less, underage, in a foreign country, on cobble stones... and I was hooked!!! (later when I was 14 he bought a Katana 600 so I was ridding underage, with a helmet, in this country)
Andy | Longmont | TLCA#22354
-1999 UZJ100 -Black, GYDT285/75-16, Locked, WKOR sliders, TC UCAs/ Iron Man T-bars, OME866, D/T headers/Magnaflow, Columbus RTT, Drawers n'stuff.
-2001 Tacoma 2.7L Reg Cab 4x4 -Silver,my DD/trail truck, Icon/TC mid trav front, GYDT265/75-16C, Budbuilt Skids

-Kilo-Delta-Zero-Tango-Quebec-Tango-
Old 03-04-2014, 02:29 PM
Trail Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimCOTaco View Post
Not a bad deal! It was Mexicans that gave me an early start as well. I was on vacation in mexico, must have been about 11 years old at the time, and there was a YSR-50 for sale at a used lot. My stepfather (a crazy Mexican) took it off the lot and around the corner for a "test drive". So my first street riding was helmet-less, underage, in a foreign country, on cobble stones... and I was hooked!!! (later when I was 14 he bought a Katana 600 so I was ridding underage, with a helmet, in this country)
Love it! Those YSRs are actually pretty sweet little bikes in their own right as well.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:48 PM
Rising Sun Commander

It only took one gravel-induced lay-down slide under a guard rail to convince me that I probably shouldn't be on a street bike anymore. I feel much safer on the dirt, away from cars, wearing lots of pads, and with most crashes in 1st gear.

www.gamiviti.com