Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Other Hobbies > The Bike Forum

Old 04-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Hard Core 4+

Default Craigslist Moto related finds.

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/2941556844.html

Honda CRF70. Good deal if you are after a moto for an 8-10year old.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:00 AM
Rising Sun Commander

Marco, 125 too small for Allison? http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/2942844138.html

www.gamiviti.com

Old 04-09-2012, 09:49 AM
Rising Sun Member

I think maybe..

I kinda dig it though.
82 FJ40
Old 04-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Rising Sun Member

It'll need to be street legal.
"If you know what you're doing, then you aren't learning anything." - A. Lincoln
Old 04-09-2012, 10:20 AM
Rising Sun Member

Yeah I was thinking about that. Might as well just find something that already has had the work to get it plated done. Good point Bruce.
82 FJ40
Old 04-09-2012, 10:43 AM
Rising Sun Commander

Yeah already having a plate is a bonus. Putting the stuff on is NBD, and kinda fun as you can decide what kind of light to get, etc. then again, I do kind of dig that bike, and the price is right too, so maybe it's worth the pain to apply for title? It's not like you'd even want to shortcut the legal requirements, just an added hassle.

www.gamiviti.com

Old 04-09-2012, 11:26 AM
Hard Core 4+

I was under the understanding that in Colorado, plating a non-street-legal bike, once a very simple and straightforward affair, has become very difficult (unless on an older bike, say, pre-2005 or something). No? There was quite a bit of chatter about it on the bike boards.

I used to plate dirt bikes as de rigueur, but the recent rules make the KTM plated bikes that much more attractive. I will say I saw a CRF250X plated in Evergreen though, which would create some doubt in my mind. Or else the dude found a particularly and conveniently clueless clerk.

I've plated everything from a Bultaco Alpina 348, an IT175, a KDX 220, an XR650R, and even a graymarket Ducati. None were quite exactly DOT compliant (of course I made them that way doncha know... wait, what? Was that a drone??!?).

The XR650R even has winkie blinks, which turns out to be quite an advantage in Utah. Plated or no, if you got no winkies, you ain't street legal. Must be a Mormon thing.
KDRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Rising Sun member

My 2008 was able to get plated without much hassle in 2009. I, too, have heard that the rules have become more stringent even since that time.

What is a winkie blink? I didn't think you had to have blinkers in Utah...
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, Metric TLC leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 04-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Hard Core 4+

Yeah you do. http://static.stateparks.utah.gov/do...quirements.pdf
I know it says 'ATVs' but it applies to MCs as if they were ATVs. That's where the Utah State Parks gal sent me. Like Colorado, money goes to a good cause.
Quote:
Amber or red electric turn signals, one on each side of the front and rear. Red turn signals are only allowed to be on the rear.
Need a Utah OHV sticker too, otherwise. License plate or not. Winkies and license plate, you are golden. Although I suppose an fussy peace ossifer could give you grief for other noncompliant things, such as, non-illuminated speedo or tires or something. But there are some really good DOT rubber options out there, so Thou art without excuse O man...

This one would get me:
Quote:
A tail lamp or other lamp constructed and placed to illuminate the registration plate with a white light.
I guess I need to visit superbrightleds.com for a little white light... or... buy a sticker.
KDRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Hard Core 4+

More info:
http://stateparks.utah.gov/ohv
KDRCH
Bio Page