Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Cruise Moab > Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun

Old 05-09-2014, 12:09 AM
Cruise Moab Co-Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spcruiser View Post
Thanks Jeff, it is just a little Sony Cyber shot and then I doctor the shots up a little in Picasa 3 photo management, free down load.
Then I must applaud your skill at composition, each of them is really well framed. You've got a knack for it (and for driving, from what I hear).
Rising Sun 4WD Club, TLCA #4063
http://american3dprinting.net/
Old 05-09-2014, 07:36 AM
Wincher

Thanks Jeff, hard to beat the backdrop Moab and the subject Toyota's on the rocks.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:32 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inukshuk View Post
If you have any good night run photos please e-mail me (its in my signature)
I can't say they are good but I will look through mine this weekend and send you what I have.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
78 FJ40, Rear Locker, 33's, power steering, sbc and so much more left to do.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:17 AM
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inukshuk View Post
If you have any good night run photos please e-mail me (its in my signature)
I have a bunch, as well as video. It's going to take a while to sort through everything though. I will send some your way Daniel. Thanks for the great job you did leading the night run, it was a blast!
Old 05-09-2014, 07:30 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Fellas-

Don't forget to post some pictures on the Cruise Moab Facebook page too....
1964 FJ40
1988 4Runner
Old 05-10-2014, 09:23 AM
Rising Sun Event Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja1d View Post
Fellas-

Don't forget to post some pictures on the Cruise Moab Facebook page too....
And save a few for TLCA Facebook and Toyota Trails.

Xplore Colorado
OutdoorX4 Magazine Marketing/Editorial/Photography
100's in the Hills website
"What's that? I can't hear you over my heated seats"-KW
Old 05-10-2014, 12:11 PM
Cruise Moab Co-Chairman

Here are a few pictures I took. Nothing special.

I led Flat Iron Mesa on Friday. That went well and is a fun addition to our trail list. 9 people took the last two obstacles with me. Easter Egg Hill and the Intimidator. These two obstacles raise the trail up in difficulty.

I led Golden Spike on Sat. and that started out well and on time. We had some minor issues along that way but dealt with them as successful trail fixes. It looked like we would get out by 6pm as we approached the last obstacle. Which was the “Butt Scratcher” obstacle on Gold Bar Rim. But, unfortunately Andy Patterson broke his pinon in his Fj40. It then rolled back and the broken parts caused more damage in his diff. The rear end was locked up tight. He immediately winched up the obstacle and to the side a little to let a Bronco group by. But, in the process he had a major electrical short of some kind which meant his rig wouldn’t start.

My gunners Sara and Steve Power’s and I made the decision to send the majority of the group out. And those that wanted to stay did so. Andy and his friends were prepared to tear it apart and went right to work. We had to get it safely jacked up on the slight incline. Remove both axles, driveshaft, the Detroit locker and chunk. Then remove the broken parts and put it back together so we could get it rolling again. We finished that at dark. Then spent a while getting it the rest of the way up the obstacle. With no electrical power and steering it was difficult winching it up the remaining ledges. The we could start strapping it out the rest of the way. We made it back safely to the parking lot near pavement at 11pm. Mike Angstreich (Burt88) gave them a ride back into town where they had a tow rig and trailer waiting. Mike, is new to our club and lives in Basalt and was very helpful all day. As well as the Low range Off-Road guys in their brand their new 2014 Tacoma with camper shell. They stayed the duration and helped wrench and help with trail repairs the whole day. It was nice having such a great group of guys on the trail that had such a high level of mechanical skills. Sara Power’s was our new energetic gunner and was a nice addition to our leader gunner group as well.

I also took pictures of our “Trail board” for the first two days. I missed the last day since I got in late. I set this up as a fun addition to the tent so everyone could see how the trails went for the day. I also have a few pictures of Vendor night and the Raffle Dinner which were both very successful. Brian Wilson won the tires this year.

Pictures below are of Easter Hill and Golden Spike
Attached Images

Old 05-10-2014, 12:12 PM
Cruise Moab Co-Chairman

Here is vendor night, trail boards and the dinner.
Attached Images

Old 05-10-2014, 12:17 PM
Cruise Moab Co-Chairman

More pics on the Spike. Sara and Steve Powers and Andy's broke 40 and parts. Man we spent a long time at that obstacle with the repair. It was nice I had cell phone coverage at that spot to keep the trail boss posted. Plus, I could communicate to camp via my ham.
Attached Images

Old 05-14-2014, 01:30 PM
Wincher

More great pics Scott. You and your team rock this event year end and year out. Home 10 days and still haven't downloaded my pics. Truck is still in the same place in the driveway she was when I got home 10 days ago, just as dirty, but with a huge smile on her from the good times!
'94 White LC; Kaymar Rear Bumper w/tire carrier; Hanna Sliders; ARB winch ready Front Bumper; Slee Transfer Case Skid Plate; BFG MT KM2 285's, OME 850/863 Heavy 2" lift, INTI Rack; Warn M12000 Winch, Snorkel; Sputnik!, M101CDN
TLCA Member #13420; KI6SGO