Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Other Hobbies > Hunting and Fishing

Old 07-07-2014, 03:41 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default Florida Keys Wreck Diving

Well, I guess this was the closest sub form for this.

Florida Keys Wreck Diving
September 25-28, 2014

Come join me for some fabulous wreck diving out of Key Largo in the Florida Keys! There will be two 2-tank trips to the wrecks morning and afternoon each day on Friday and Saturday, September 26 & 27 with Horizon Divers of Key Largo. The cost is $80 per person, per trip (so $320 for 4 trips/8 dives over the two days) and you will arrange and pay for the diving through me. This includes air fills and weights. Nitrox is available for an extra fee and deco tanks are also available for rent if you are a certified Tec diver.

Dive sites include the USCGC Duane, a 327 ft. Coast Guard Cutter lying upright in 125 ft. of water, with her deck at about 100 ft., the USCGC Bibb, also 327 ft. which lies on her starboard side in about 135 ft. of water with her gunwale at about 100ft., and USS Spiegel Grove, at 510ft. long, a Landing Ship Dock, also lying upright with her deck at about 100ft. These are all advanced dives, so you must be certified at least Advanced Open Water or higher. Water temperature at the bottom will likely be a pleasant 80F+ degrees, so a 3mm wetsuit should keep you comfortably warm.

The best choice for lodging is the Marriott Courtyard hotel right next door to Horizon Divers, which is where I will be staying. Gwen at A-1 Scuba can get us a $125 + tax per night rate at the Courtyard. This is better than the rate you can get through Horizon Divers! Many rooms have 2 queen beds if you want to share.

Call Gwen Wells, Travel Consultant at A-1 Scuba, 303-789-2450 to book your air, rental car and lodging.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to diving with you!

Chris Hatfield
720-230-6951

Old 07-09-2014, 01:48 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

That sounds super cool, Chris. We're going to get the whole family certified in the next couple of years... maybe we can go on one of your trips in the future.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:04 PM
Rising Sun Member

I'd love to go and I know my son and perfect girl friend (we're all advanced OW) would be in too but I have a dear friends birthday "gala" that weekend. Sorry. Cool of you to post this though. I guarantee we'll be in for this kind of trip in the future!
TLCA #22710
2010 FJC - "Wasabi Wagon"

"A society who's moral ideals prohibit it's own defense, is a society doomed to be destroyed by those very forces it deems immoral" - Marion "Doc" Ford (Randy Wayne White)
Old 08-08-2014, 04:34 PM
Hard Core 4+

Sounds like a great trip. Would love to go but not on the cards.
2004 Starcraft 10RT