Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 03-07-2015, 08:14 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default 1/2" chuck angle drill - WTBorrow

I have a project I will be undertaking late March or April where the space is tight and I might need an angle drill. Does anyone have one I can borrow for a day, should I wind up needing one? Prefer northsider for convenience, but I'll certainly take any offers!

Thanks!
"I drive an ECO-FRIENDLY FZJ80...It's got a salvage title which makes it a RECYCLED vehicle. Therefore, don't mess with me when I park in the "Reserved for Green Vehicle" spots in Boulder!!!
http://www.vrbo.com/322094
Old 03-07-2015, 08:28 PM
Hard Core 4+

Does it have to be a 1/2" chuck? I have a 3/8" right angle Makita you could borrow, but it wouldn't be enough for boring studs for wiring or plumbing if that's what you mean.

"Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty. Nobody is able to achieve this completely, but the striving for such achievement is in itself a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security. " --Albert Einstein
Old 03-08-2015, 09:18 AM
Rising Sun Member

I have to drill 2 holes through 1/8" steel. The holes are 5/8", which I will drill increasing sized pilot holes, and my bit is larger than 3/8" chuck. I guess if I got a 5/8" bit that had 3/8" shaft, your drill would work!

I'm trying to fix the front castor (rotate axle back) on my axle and the right side is tighter due to the diff being on that side. I thought about the castor plates, but my lift is not that high and I'm also worried about the tie rod hitting. So I'm going to rotate it back as much as possible and still have clearance.
"I drive an ECO-FRIENDLY FZJ80...It's got a salvage title which makes it a RECYCLED vehicle. Therefore, don't mess with me when I park in the "Reserved for Green Vehicle" spots in Boulder!!!
http://www.vrbo.com/322094