Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 07-23-2014, 10:22 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default PPI checklist for FZJ80s, UZJ100s?

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4543836602.html

My buddy is interested in this rig but the "moving to Europe" line and the list of service items is a bit sketchy. Any thoughts, including "Run, Forrest!!!" would be appreciated.

More to the subject line, does anyone in RS have a good PPI form for 80s and 100s Cruisers? I'll look on mud, too, but figured I'd start with the home team.

Thanks

imhighlander
1993 FZJ80
TLCA #22433
1993 FZJ80 - locked & lifted. Needs some armor.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:56 AM
Rising Sun Member

Matt...there is a post from a couple years ago about 100 series purchases. Jeff "Mendocino" put it together and it is very thorough.

Front axles will need work, and the timing belt schedule is important. Should have already been done and will be approaching #2 in the next year or 2.

That's about the end of my 100 series abilities...I'm sure others will chime in!

As for this particular cruiser...I saw it and really liked it...especially since it shouldn't take much to fix the issues he has listed. Seems pretty open about it.
"Just because California does it, doesn't make it a good idea, or the right way to do it! If you like California so much, please move there. Don't make the rest of us live in the same HORROR!!!"

Last edited by LARGEONE; 07-24-2014 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 07-24-2014, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhighlander View Post
http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4543836602.html

My buddy is interested in this rig but the "moving to Europe" line and the list of service items is a bit sketchy. Any thoughts, including "Run, Forrest!!!" would be appreciated.

More to the subject line, does anyone in RS have a good PPI form for 80s and 100s Cruisers? I'll look on mud, too, but figured I'd start with the home team.

Thanks

imhighlander
1993 FZJ80
I'd be less concerned with the whole moving to Europe thing and more concerned about 4 low not working personally! People move around all the time and one I looked at last year the girl told me that she was moving to New Zealand in 10 days, and sure enough when I called in two weeks her roommate answered the phone and said she was in New Zealand and the truck was gone!

Here's Slee's guide to both trucks:

http://sleeoffroad.com/newbie/newbie100.htm (URL reads 100 but it's for 80s)

http://sleeoffroad.com/newbie/newbieUZJ100.htm

Now you can Rent a Ducati in Denver!

www.RentYourAdventure.com
http://facebook.com/RentYourAdventure
Old 07-24-2014, 04:42 PM
Rising Sun Member

Great info! Thanks guys.
TLCA #22433
1993 FZJ80 - locked & lifted. Needs some armor.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:18 AM
Rising Sun Event Coordinator

I'd try to find out why it doesn't in engage? What happens when you try and put it in 4lo?I just fixed one last week where the linkage came apart under the boot/tcase lever. Pretty easy fix, but probably not a very common problem. Christo was there and mentioned hearing of the pin coming out on others, but this was the linkage just below the tcase lever. The entire frame had been replaced on this particular 100, so that may have had something to do with it. (reassembled incorrectly)

Wheel bearing repack is about $350 per side, but isn't that hard of a job. It's about $70 per side if you do the work yourself and replace everything. Should take a few hours.

Rear locker could be an actuator problem from not being used. Can be taken apart and cleaned or replaced (if it's not working)

TLCA Social Media
100's in the Hills website
"What's that? I can't hear you over my heated seats"-KW