Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Other Hobbies > Ham & CB Radio Corner

Notices

Old 08-18-2014, 01:00 PM
Rock Stacker

Default Outdoor Adventure Usa Amateur Radio Net

Hello Longtime Lurker here I met some of you at the meeting a few months back I'm the guy with the Nissan. Don't bash me too much for that

I came across this on the 4X4HAM.com site

Seem there is a there is a net that might have some interesting topics for some in the club. It has about 8 repeaters linked from NV OR and CA and takes place on an IRLP Reflector on Thursday nights at 2030 MTN time. I'm sure we could join if there is interest from the group. The RMRL N0PQV (145.340) Machine shows no scheduled nets at that time I can verify with Terry(N0PQV) and bring up the net for folks to listen or take part. Let me know if there is interest and I will email Terry for the OK

here is the link

http://www.4x4ham.com/showthread.php...TEUR-RADIO-NET

K7EDW
Old 08-18-2014, 01:27 PM
Hard Core 4+

I'd be interested in linking up but I'm not a paid member of any repeater groups and never had the code to set up the IRLP link.

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 08-18-2014, 01:41 PM
Rock Stacker

Dave I have access to Rocky Mount radio league VHF machine on Squaw and another wide coverage repeater on Lookout Mountain UHF. I will be happy to check with the node owners and link up the node at the proper time to the reflector I just wanted to gage interest from others and make sure I had a few others In the metro area interested in listening in or participating before I request to use the repeaters/ nodes. And let others know there are these kind of nets out there for those of us with outdoorsy and off-road interest rather than the typical nets about just playing radio.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:45 PM
Wincher

Here's the website this net is coordinated from. Everyone is welcome to participate. Linked repeater, Echolink, etc. if you obviously aren't in SoCal to pick up the Keller repeater directly.

http://forums.oausa.net/
'94 White LC; Kaymar Rear Bumper w/tire carrier; Hanna Sliders; ARB winch ready Front Bumper; Slee Transfer Case Skid Plate; BFG MT KM2 285's, OME 850/863 Heavy 2" lift, INTI Rack; Warn M12000 Winch, Snorkel; Sputnik!, M101CDN
TLCA Member #13420; KI6SGO
Old 08-19-2014, 02:46 PM
Rock Stacker

Brent you are correct that is the group that organizes the nets.

The net will be on the Rocky Mountain Radio Leagues N0PQV Repeater
this Thursday @ 8:30 local Denver time.

RMRL REPEATER N0PQV/R

Output: 145.340
Input: 144.740
Access: 103.5 Hz CTCSS required

Here is a list of upcoming topics the one for this week seems rather localized the the CA and AZ guys but there are some broader topics in the future.

08/21 - Destination Mazorka and Wyman Silver Mine
08/28 - Wilderness Navigation
09/04 - Camp Lighting and Flashlights
09/11 - Urban Emergency Preparedness
09/18 - Medicine for the Outdoors
09/25 - Alternate Power in the Wilderness
Old 08-19-2014, 02:59 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentbba View Post
Here's the website this net is coordinated from. Everyone is welcome to participate. Linked repeater, Echolink, etc. if you obviously aren't in SoCal to pick up the Keller repeater directly.

http://forums.oausa.net/
been awhile since i've been on that net. great group of folks running that forum though. always enjoyed the annual borrego weekend when i lived in SD. might have to jump in via echolink one evening and say hey.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:23 PM
Wincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by smslavin View Post
been awhile since i've been on that net. great group of folks running that forum though. always enjoyed the annual borrego weekend when i lived in SD. might have to jump in via echolink one evening and say hey.
Or just drive out to BorregoFest this October. Several of us are winos, so there's wine tasing along with the beer for the potluck Saturday.

Board doesn't see much traffic at all except around BorregoFest time and SummerFest when this particular group participates in the nationwide ham radio contesting. Tom Severens (Badlands 4x4), Larry Bernstein (Dirty Parts) and DaveK are the three still really driving the board.

Most of the 'members' are fairly local, thus the CA/AZ centric topics, but many are more generic offroad/ham type topics.
'94 White LC; Kaymar Rear Bumper w/tire carrier; Hanna Sliders; ARB winch ready Front Bumper; Slee Transfer Case Skid Plate; BFG MT KM2 285's, OME 850/863 Heavy 2" lift, INTI Rack; Warn M12000 Winch, Snorkel; Sputnik!, M101CDN
Old 08-20-2014, 05:05 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentbba View Post
Or just drive out to BorregoFest this October.
If I had a truck, I would more than consider it. Lots of good memories from that area running around with Shane, Larry and a few others. Fish Creek and Pinyon Mountain are probably my favorite spots.

Quote:
Several of us are winos...
Bit of an understatement.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:14 AM
Wincher

Squeeze and a good looking spread on the table! I know of at least one 80 that made it thru the Squeeze - not going to try myself!